Senior Strategist, Marketing Technology Services (CRM)
Basic Purpose: Responsible for directing the client strategy for marketing automation readiness, deployment and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Percent (%) of Monthly Working Time
Marketing Automation Readiness (35%)
- Gather marketing requirements for programs that are to be automated.
- Conduct cross-functional client workshops.
- Define existing and “to be” marketing processes.
- Assess client’s customer data and recommend enhancements.
- Review planned infrastructure, identify gaps and recommend enhancements.
- Document requirements.
- Present findings and strategic recommendations to senior clients.
Marketing Automation Deployment (30%)
- Oversee the development of functional and technical specifications.
- Recommend testing and rollout plan.
- Prepare and conduct user training.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues.
Marketing Automation Operations (20%)
- Review campaign design briefs for each campaign.
- Oversee ongoing operations for the team.
- Make sure all data and criteria are communicated between all parties.
- Validate campaign/workflow development.
- Participate in campaign calendar management and WIPs with client service.
- Ensure tagging/tracking codes are set up for DM/EM/Web.
- Ensure that marketing programs are developed and executed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure tracking data is captured in response history.
- Contribute to campaign performance tracking reports.
- Explain campaign performance results to account service and clients.
Marketing Automation Best Practices (15%)
- Continuously develop Unica skills on existing and new toolsets.
- Attend training and user conferences.
- Communicate/train client service on marketing automation.
- Create case studies of successful campaigns.
Qualifications Should Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Marketing automation/campaign management power user (Unica preferred).
- Prior marketing automation/campaign management deployment experience.
- 5+ years experience in direct marketing/marketing technology.
- Experience leading/managing clients.
- Ability to organize and present a story line in Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated analytical and organization skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Back to top