Senior Project Manager
Ever wondered who teaches and advises the biggest tech and innovation business in the world on how to work better? Well this is one of those clients. A major player in the digital business and consulting industry, this client is constantly looking for innovative, big prestigious activations of its brand in order to show its clients that it has the caliber and pedigree to practice what it preaches.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is reinventing the way this agency works, driven by the culture and pace of the client: investing time in new practices, evolved team structures and constantly looking for fresh and courageous ideas to lead the line for both this client and the agency at large.
This is a job for someone who is able to be a true ‘Producer’: taking projects from inception through to delivery and on to evaluation. Acting as true ‘product owner’. Guiding the idea through its conceptual stages. Protecting it from perversion from external inputs. Managing client inputs and feedback loops and working with the expert stakeholders from within the agency to ensure it pushes thinking and delivers on its fundamental objectives.
This is a role for someone who both thrives on delivery, is an exceptional project manager and understands the nuances and subtlety of client management: while always making the product the absolute center of your universe.
You will excel if you understand the way in which agencies deliver work for clients – and want to fundamentally change it!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who:
- a background in producing a broad range of digital work in a creative environment.
- has strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with a cross discipline team to create great work.
- someone used to working with production companies and other suppliers.
- is calm, composed and emotionally intelligent
- is client facing and comfortable working with clients independently of client services
- has lots of energy and drive
- is flexible and adaptable, and enjoys find pragmatic, lean approaches to solving client and creative challenges
Key responsibilities of the role
- Working closely with the creative team “own” the making of a range of predominantly digital outputs – Web, video, comms, animation etc.
- owns multiple digital projects working with the client, internal team (creative, design, technology etc.) and suppliers to produce great work on-time, on-budget. This includes managing scope, process, deliverables, budget, resources, expectations, timeframes and the quality of the end product to the highest standards.
- understands the client brief, strategic approach and the creative idea and uses this understanding to identify the appropriate production options and approach.
- assess feasibility of concepts against proposed budget and timeframe.
- balances cost, time, creative ambition and production values and presents options, benefits and risks. Finds production solutions to get creative work made.
- proactively identifying and solving issues and mitigating risks
- ensures that statements of work with both clients and third parties are written with the appropriate level of rigor.
- works closely and collaboratively with the account manager to ensure efficient communication with the client at all points in the production process.
- champion the creative product whilst looking after the profitability of their work.
Specific skills and experience required
- digital production experience in a digital, creative or social agency or having a strong production company background.
- excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance and apply this to the work that they manage
- proficient in managing the delivery of a range of digital outputs; web & social content, comms, video – from hero pieces to Vines, DOOH, small-medium web builds (though this is not a big build role!).
- proven ability to manage project budget, scope, resourcing, deliver on time and on budget
- proven supplier management skills – finding, engaging, managing suppliers and supplier finances
- Well versed in project management methodologies (Agile not essential but an advantage) & tools (MS project)
- calm and patient under pressure
- thrives in a changing, dynamic environment
- cares about creating quality work, not just getting it out of the door on time
- critical thinker and problem solver. Is a “Fixer” who can find ways to get things done.
- assertive and proactive
- able to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest end details
- anticipates and manages problems
- has a “will not fail” attitude
- very high degree of personal motivation and professionalism
- has a positive mental attitude and able to get along with different personalities. “Makes it fun”.
- sense of humor an advantage! Removal Date 26-Aug-2017
Back to top