Senior Manager or Associate Director
- Miami, FL
- Function as a strategic advisor to agency leadership and managers for all things people related.
- Build relationships with hiring managers and department heads (regular check-ins, walk the halls, employee issues, staffing needs, etc.). Providing guidance and coaching to both managers and employees.
- Lead recruitment to ensure we continue to bring top talent through a seamless talent acquisition process. Coordinate and strategize about any staffing needs and/or reductions. Resume review: keep the pipeline filled; stay on top of local competitive info (salaries, who’s hiring/who’s not; salary freezes, etc.)
- Work with North American HR Team to standardize forms, policies, benefits, etc.
- Retention initiatives: establish reward programs; recommend alternative reward programs to incent key talent and retain high-performers.
- Facilitate new hire lunches/60-day check in to build/maintain relationships with new hires.
- Stay current on HR legal issues and precedent setting litigation: FMLA documentation, worker’s comp, short-term disability claims, etc.
- Handle involuntary and voluntary terminations. The actual meeting, discussion and what does it all mean in terms of separation pay. Negotiate terms of separation packets between employee and legal counsel. Reach consensus. Conduct exit interviews. Review of benefits terminations.
- Help to drive an excellent employee experience in line with our company values and culture.
- Management and oversight of Staff Welfare budget (social outings, hallway bonuses, employee gifts (weddings, babies.)
- Management and oversight of Training & Development budget: recommend training/development opportunities to managers and employees, paying particular attention to coordination with development plan identified in career conversations. Schedule as needed.
- Meet regularly with finance team on budget management and staffing costs
- Manage and/or develop Employee Wellness program(s) – Fitness Studios, T&E reimbursement for other health clubs, massage therapists.)
- Oversee and directly supervise Office Administration/Reception and IT.
- 6-8 years HR Generalist experience, preferably in advertising industry or creative environment.
- Deep multi-disciplinary experience across people operations, performance management, and business partnering.
- Have built people programs within an organization, not just overseen existing ones.
- Experience contributing at both hands-on and strategic levels with demonstrated success stablishing and cultivating a positive and innovative culture.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate organization wide.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and partnerships with department heads, vendors, etc.
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top