Senior Director, Talent Management, NY
The role of the Sr. Director, Talent Management is to partner with the President of Ogilvy New York and HR leads across the USA to create and implement a talent management strategy for our flagship office. A comprehensive talent management strategy includes all employee processes from on-boarding to development to off-boarding. The Sr. Director, Talent Management will be responsible for performance management, development/career-pathing, training, talent reviews, and compensation planning. A successful Sr. Director, Talent Management will have the business acumen to act as true advisor to the business on all talent management needs and issues. This position will partner directly with the President and Leadership team of New York and act as an employee champion and change agent for the employees of the New York office.
· Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units as well as sits on the leadership team for the New York office. Consults with senior leadership, line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
· Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
· Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
· Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning. Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
· Partner with team of HRBPs to drive performance management with clear business objectives that are created at the USA level and are disseminated to all offices and all staff. Help leaders translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
· In collaboration with HR colleagues, develop/implement strategies and processes to improve retention among top performers and high potential employees. Execute yearly employee satisfaction surveys and commit to setting objectives with leadership to address survey findings.
· Partner with TA on all recruiting efforts for New York. Meet with managers regularly to assess talent needs and gaps, address talent needs through internal assessment of talent and/or recruitment of new talent, partner with Finance for all relevant approvals.
· Provide onboarding, orientation, and off-boarding for all employees in the New York office.
· Partner with Global Mobility and Immigrations Specialist to manage all immigration matters for the New York office.
· Partner with business leads to determine learning and development needs- help to specialize and customize training curriculum for specific needs in the New York office.
· Work with office leadership to resolve office operational issues in partnership with Facilities, Security, Events.
· Help drive a culture agenda for the New York office in partnership with local leadership and corporate communications.
· Excellent organizational awareness and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast paced, complex, highly matrixed environment
· Able to build consensus and create collaborative relationships
· Strong internal and external client service focus; comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify issues, and develop appropriate solutions.
· Project management and organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities
· Superior relationship management and influencing/negotiating skills
· Creative problem solver with high level of initiative and sense of personal accountability
· Ability to quickly establish credibility with senior business leaders
· Demonstrated strong management, leadership, coaching expertise
· Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred
· 10+ years HR experience in large, complex business environments
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top