Senior DevOps Engineer: Temp-to-Perm
Ogilvy & Mather NY is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer for our Worldwide Information Technology Group, beginning as a consultant with a serious eye towards becoming a full-time, permanent employee if things go well during the consulting period. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will specialize in delivering stable, scalable and agile computing environments for Enterprise Systems. You will work with the Global Application Development team, geographically dispersed teams, and third party operations groups, and be responsible for the set-up, implementation, maintenance and support of these mission critical systems. You’ll interact with just about every area of technology, from programming and QA to hardware and infrastructure, release/configuration management, implementation, etc. In this role, you will continue to build on what should be a strong foundation in the server and systems technologies you’ve worked with previously, while learning and developing many more skills with various technologies that you may not have experience with, or may have worked with independently that you’ll finally be able to utilize day to day at the enterprise-level.
Important to note: During the consulting period, you will have the option to enroll in an offering of medical benefits we are able to provide to our consultants.
- Manage the scalability, performance, security, and availability of the Ogilvy Interactive infrastructure and applications.
- Manage existing systems and services spanning the entire application stack.
- Independently identify opportunities to improve system scalability and stability, and implement enhancements and best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Develop tools and automation to minimize delivery time and increase developer productivity.
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance standards.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal teams and third party services to effectively resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the rest of the team.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with key internal engineering and product stakeholders; understand the project roadmap, and act as subject matter expert on advanced infrastructure and platform capabilities, features, and offerings
- Provide recommendations and best practices to improve processes.
- Plan, organize and document complex, system design activities and configure systems consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Write all required technical documentation using online tools (Network/System Diagrams, Changes, Validation docs, systems proposals/recommendation, etc.)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related
discipline or commensurate experience
- 4-6+ years of working experience in server and software operations,
development! &/or administration.
- Must be able to communicate technical/complex information effectively, verbally
and in writing
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and
credibility with colleagues and stakeholders
- Must be able to multi-task and respond to emergency situations effectively
- Must be a team player, able to work equally well within a team as well as
independently with little to no supervision
- Most importantly, must possess enthusiasm, reliability, a flexible attitude, and
a good sense of humor
- Programming languages and operating systems (Windows Server and Linux/Unix);
current equipment and technologies in use; Unix system administration and
system performance monitoring tools.
- Linux and Unix based OSes
- Networking fundamentals, firewall management, load balancing, VPN,
- Application layer protocols, including http, soap/REST, dns, smtp, snmp, ssh,
- Web server technology including Apache, IIS, nginx
- Proxies: apache mod_proxy, haproxy, mod_sec and Load Balancing technologies
- Databases: MySQL, MSSQL, noSQL DBs (i.e. MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible) and Log Analysis tools
- Versioning tools such as SVN and Git
- Understanding and experience working with Python, Bash, Perl
- Cloud services such as Azure, AWS (preferable), or Softlayer
- Effective application and software problem solving abilities.
- Network maps and document writing
- Awareness of systems management and operational support tools
Back to top