Ogilvy Washington is looking for a talented and highly conceptual Senior
Copywriter to join our award-winning team in Washington, D.C. The ideal
candidate will have a background in writing with a passion for communicating
across all channels—from creative copy for print and digital advertising, to video, social media properties or a
combination of all three. The Senior Copywriter will be an integral part of our
creative department, working closely with our creative and strategy teams. This
right candidate will be a big idea thinker and a highly
skilled crafter of words who is flexible in writing for multiple
clients, in varying mediums. If you love telling stories through
digital, think very creatively and conceptually about
social media, believe brands can create great conversation, and like working
with bright creative teams, then this may be a great step in your career.
- Lead strategy including concept development for monthly editorial
- Develop the perfect, strategic brand voice for multiple clients.
- Write content for client websites.
- Proactively pitch new story concepts and creative executions to clients.
- Work with creative and strategy teams on concept development for ongoing and
- Create persuasive messages; tell compelling stories that
generate brand loyalty in consumers.
- Participate in content and creative brainstorms and consistently provide big
innovative ideas relative to content marketing and digital landscape
- 7+ years copywriting experience with demonstrated expertise turning strategy
into compelling content.
form writing experience is a plus.
- Expertise in writing for all digital mediums including websites, apps, social
channels, email and video.
- Expertise in SEO and tagging best practices on social platforms.
- Active on social platforms, crafting content
and always jamming on a creative side project to keep things fresh.
- Exceptional and flexible writing and editing skills; you think and
communicate clearly in all media.
- Proven track record of successfully working with a diverse range of clients.
- Nerds out proudly on the intricacies of human behavior, trends, pop culture
and ways to make a difference in the world through storytelling.
- A driving passion for
creating social change and helping solve the world ‘s problems
– whether it’s eradicating poverty or getting people to think differently about their
- Excellent knowledge of branding,
marketing, UX, game design, social/behavioral psychology, anthropology,
business, social engineering or anything else that is crucial when developing
smart, realistic and compelling ideas whether it be for burgers, booze, or government
- Self-initiating, can excel under the pressure of deadlines and improves with constructive
- Ability to present and stand up for work,
communicate effectively, continuously optimistic about finding a better
- Management and/or leadership experience.
- Agency experience strongly preferred.
- BA/BS required.
- Peace Corps
- Five Guys
Back to top