Senior Client Finance Analyst
We are currently seeking a Senior Client Financial Analyst for our Finance Department reporting into a Client Finance Director. This position will provide financial support to client account teams, monitor client budgets, forecast client revenue and report on client profitability. This position will also be responsible for supervising one Client Financial Analyst. Job responsibilities include assisting in the creation of job estimates, budgets and client staffing plans; ensuring adherence to contract billing policies; providing summaries of monthly billing and reconciliations; and support Client Finance Manager with financial analysis and reporting as required. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, financial analysis and/or accounting experience in an advertising or service industry environment strong Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, a positive outlook and imagination and excellent oral and written communication skills. General accounting and/or financial analysis experience required as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Finance/Accounting (Balance Sheet, A/R, P&Ls, etc.): While this isn't an accounting position, understanding accounting principles is crucial.
- Excel: Ideal candidate would be able to whip up spreadsheets in their sleep. Creating and using complicated spreadsheets are part of everyday work, needs to be very computer adept and a fast learner of new applications
- The Sr CFA role is to proactively manage the client finances which includes in large part managing/guiding account teams. For a finance role it requires a lot of people skills/ interaction. If they can't interact and manage teams they will not succeed even if they have all the accounting/finance stuff down.
- Provide financial support to client account teams and monitor client budgets on a project basis
- Provide financial information to various departments and clients as required
- Provide client financial analysis in the review of monthly results
- Forecast and perform annual budget preparation
- Assist in the creation of job estimates, budgets, and client staffing plans
- Assume role of primary financial contact for account team and resource manager on assigned client business
- Generate professional financial reports for review with clients as directed by account team
- Secure client P.O. or necessary work/payment authorizations and ensures adherence to contract billing policies and workflow procedures and monitors accounts receivable status and follow-up on aged balances with client
- Lead and participate in financial meetings
- Manages jobs in coordination with account team
- Act as Liaison between the agency and the Client on financial matters
- Provide monthly and or quarterly reports to the client on retainer earnouts, tactical execution, and project spend
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required
- 5 years related experience - if not industry experience, then need to have relevant work experience. Ideally someone who has worked in a similar role at another agency
- Accounting background preferred
- Advertising/professional service experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills
- Soft Skills: integrity & honesty, outgoing, professional, self confident, a leader, common sense/practical intelligence, ability to express themselves clearly, likable/approachable, self motivated, self starter, strong work ethic
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top