Senior Analyst, Insights + Analytics
Ogilvy is looking for a passionate and experienced data storyteller to join our Chicago Data Analytics team. This dynamic role works across multiple key clients, using data to enhance digital, social, and creative strategy and optimize performance. The ideal candidate will have a robust mix of technical, communication, and project management skills that enables them to effectively navigate multiple projects. As a member of our global Data Analytics community, you will be part of a diverse group of specialists who ensure Ogilvy continues to lead our clients in an era of data driven marketing.
Major facets of the role include:
- Developing data and measurement strategies aligned to business & campaign goals
- Designing, building & maintaining dashboards
- Identifying and communicating data insights to clients & colleagues
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy & role data plays in delivering effective programs
- Active partnership with clients & colleagues that builds and strengthens relationships
- Identify and present actionable, data-driven insights
- Work closely with integrated teams on measurement plans, goals and KPI’s
- Conceptualize solutions that deliver the right data analysis based on business need
- Hands-on analysis pulling data from various data platforms, including social media channels, social listening, web analytics and other sources
- Create dashboards and presentations that clearly convey actionable insights and recommendations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with integrated teams to develop strategy and drive business impact using data across creative, media, social, website, traditional PR, and CRM.
- Act as a storyteller, translating complex analytical work into easy to understand insights and recommendations that are presented directly to clients.
- Relentless focus on quality control to ensure data is accurately represented.
- 5-7 years’ experience in an analytical role, preferably in a client servicing capacity at an agency, consultancy, etc.
- A bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, finance, mathematics, economics, etc.
- Strong understanding analytical principles and techniques, such as correlation, causation, probability distributions, regressions, variance, etc.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to define and manage project timelines, including coordinating contributions from agency partners and clients
- Must be a team player with experience working on a cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Experience with cross-channel marketing analytics
- Experience with a diverse set of marketing data platforms, such as: Doubleclick, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Sales Force Marketing Cloud, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Datorama, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with social monitoring tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Unmetric.
Back to top