Senior Account Manager (Brand Marketing)
Who is Ogilvy Public Relations?
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO:
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 markets. Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. Celebrating its 30th anniversary in business, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices.
- 2014 ‘Holmes Report Global Sabre’ for ‘Project Patty’.
- Public Relations Consultancy Association’s Large PR Agency of the Year 2013
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO:
Together and individually we pursue bigger thinking to drive better results. We do this by actively giving permission for everyone to be as entrepreneurial and creative as they can be. Everyone has a good idea in them; it just might need the right environment to allow it to surface.
Our benefits package includes:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Free Thames Clipper pass to Canary Wharf from London Bridge or Waterloo
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Three Summer Fridays each year, where you can go home early to enjoy the nice weather
- One day off a year to move house too
- Not forgetting dental care, eye care, gym membership contribution and much more…!
The role sits in the Brand Marketing Practice here at Ogilvy UK.
You are an experienced, creative, solutions-focused, capable project and senior account manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects, clients and staff successfully and with a high degree of independence and initiative, however you are able to pull in the support and guidance of senior members of the team as and when needed.
You are able to manage a portfolio comprised of large global accounts and smaller ones. You have strong client relationships and are considered a team leader. You have a solid level of account handling knowledge and skills, demonstrate strong project management, budgeting, programming, team management and delegation/coaching skills and identify business development opportunities – both new and organic. You should also have an understanding of communication areas, and social and digital activities, and how to deliver integrated thinking to campaigns for clients.
You should have solid experience with identifying strong media angles, pitching into media, securing high quality coverage, and should have solid media contacts. You should be able to drive and manage a team, leading by example to deliver media results.
You are solutions-focused and have the confidence and support of clients, maintaining strong relationships with clients and their stakeholders.
- Acting as a day-to-day client contact for the various accounts,
- Running a creative and agile global press office, gathering creative inspiration and intelligence from a number of sources.
- Anticipating client needs and problems and developing creative and effective solutions.
- Setting and managing client expectations, and tightly managing timelines.
- Contributing to presentations and proposals for clients relative to project management/programme status.
- Working closely with other marketing agencies as part of a 360/integrated planning and delivery process.
- Integrating closely with all teams within OPR and demonstrating literacy and understanding of earned and owned/social media, and the changing media and consumer behaviour landscape.
- Managing and contributing to creative process of idea generation, idea refining and selling consumer-centric concepts into client teams.
- Providing leadership by leading the resolution of emerging account problems.
- Strict and detail-focused budget management.
- Assisting the Associate Director in hiring, assessment and career development activities of the junior team.
- Assisting in identifying and addressing training, leadership and career development needs and opportunities within the junior team or practice group and help to ensure that those needs are met.
- Managing staff to maximise productivity and individual, team and financial performance.
- Managing timely performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Contributing to new business and identifying and driving new business
Skills and experience:
- Great account handling knowledge and skills, with a particular talent in client management with complex approval structures.
- Strong planning and campaign running skills, including budget management skills
- Press office, strong media relations and influencer engagement
- Ideally, experience in working on cross-agency teams with multiple stakeholders, managing inputs from many sources
- An effective network of relevant contacts
- Working knowledge of business communications and PR programs
- Ideally experience working on Global accounts, toolkitting work – an understanding and solid experience in working on Global accounts which require strategic yet nimble thinking that works across multiple markets, and toolkitting PR and social assets.
- Have a knowledge of social media – new and existing channels, opportunities, basic technical understanding of how they work (regs, Ts&Cs, integration etc)
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter.
- SOLUTIONS FOCUSED.
- Creative and strategic thinker.
- Good presentation skills – verbally and written.
- Ability to leverage the talents of colleagues in solving problems.
- Positive thinker, encouraging to junior team, nurturing, with a desire to build a long term career in the agency.
- Strong leadership potential
- Ability to demonstrate an outstanding degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all written work Removal Date 09-May-2017
Back to top