Senior Account Manager (B2B)
OgilvyOne is the largest Ogilvy & Mather group agency in the UK, specialising in customer engagement. Our work is consistently recognised by industry awards. Within that, OgilvyOne Business is our 120-strong practice focussed on business-to-business clients. We have a range of client across all business sectors. In 2016 we were awarded B2B Agency Of The Year.
We are in Sea Containers House close to Blackfriars Bridge in state of the art new offices.
The work for this client is a strong mix of strategy and planning across multiple media from DOOH, print, TV, digital advertising, to content creation. Creative work is a combination of the mainly adaption of global assets as well as local, content and asset creation. As ever with a busy global account, there is a high degree of attention to detail that is required, as well as processes to follow to ensure a smooth running account.
Job Purpose - Summary
You will be responsible for the effective management of all client projects and the smooth week-by week running of the account, helping to proactively and positively manage the relationship between the Client and Agency team. You will be the client's first point of contact for day to day development of the projects you are assigned to.
You will work closely with the creative department and the different specialist departments within Ogilvy.
You will be required to manage your time, reporting in to an Account Director as part of the wider client team comprising Planning Partner, Business Managing Partner, Account Director , 2 Account Managers and 1 Account Executive.
You will need to have an interest in the full range of B2B marketing channels and have experience and a passion for driving customer engagements, as well as for the client considering KPIs and demonstrating the effectiveness of a campaign. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, and the ability to build strong, trusted relationships with clients.
Key Responsibility & Accountability
- Understands all aspects of the brand and keeps abreast of the changes in the market.
- Understands the motivations and behaviour patterns of the client's target audience.
- Understands the challenges facing the Client's business, and the competitive environment in which they operate.
- Is a sound judge of creative work, able to coherently argue the case for or against creative work based on the brief and factual accuracy, both internally and with the Client.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of all Agency systems and production processes. Ensures that work progresses through the system to meet deadlines and knows the job status on a day-to-day basis.
- Should have a good cross-discipline understanding, i.e. an up-to-date grasp of planning and media process, tools, production techniques, and below-the-linethrough-the-line communication channels including PR, Sales Promotion, Direct Marketing, Sponsorship Social and Interactive. with a particular emphasis on digital, social media and content.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and production of all his/her projects.
- Has experience of creating reports/presentations and presenting to clients/internally
- Contributes to discussions on strategy and communication development.
- Responsible for keeping clients involved in the development process to build their confidence and enable them to buy braver ideas.
- Ensures all members of the team are regularly apprised of the status of all ongoing projects to ensure all disciplines work together to get the work out on time and on budget.
- Helps identify new business opportunities.
- Takes responsibility for effective team communication, both written and verbal, ensuring all team members and clients receive contact reports, briefs, market information, timing schedules, minutes etc.
- Demonstrates an ability to effectively delegate both up and down.
- Forms strong and enduring relationships with all team members.
- Is able to motivate other members of the project team during difficult times, absorbing their anxieties and keep the project moving forward.
- Creates and develops a positive and professional relationship with their client and other relevant contacts.
- Represents/merchandises the client's business within the agency.
- Regularly seeks out ways to add value to the client/agency relationship.
- Manages the accounts billing system.
- Is responsible for budget control of their projects.
- Coordinates financial reporting with the regional and global teams.
- Presentation of creative work and creative rationales.Acts as a brand guardian for the client.
- Manages and interprets Client feedback.
- Sells creative work and has the ability to persuade clients to accept innovative points of view or creative solutions.
- Helps motivate creative teams to deliver their best work.
Professional, technical skills and previous experience required
- Experience working in a busy office environment, within the marketing or communications industry.
- Experience of working across several projects simultaneously, juggling the day to day work in order to meet client deadlines.
- Experience of managing projects from start to finish on time and within budget.
- Experience of presenting and influencing clients
- Passion for Advertising
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fastidious organisational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proactive and able to self-motivate
- Always challenging themselves (and others) to be better.
- Understands the values of being an great team player.
- Willing to go the extra mile for both their clients and team.
- Clear thinking.
- Understands the importance of delivering excellent customer centricity and creativity for their clients.
- Ability to judge priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity.
- Confident and mature outlook. Removal Date 15-Feb-2018
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top