Senior Account Executive, Public Relations
The Lacek Group (TLG), a specialty agency of Ogilvy & Mather, is a fast-growing customer engagement agency. We work at the intersection of brands, data, and creativity to help industry-leading companies build and strengthen relationships with their best customers.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive to join its Public Relations team. This individual will manage and execute integrated public relations programs for a Fortune 100 client in the agricultural input category. The PR Senior AE will work with close-knit interdisciplinary communications team in a fast-paced, fast-growing environment. The primary requirement is to work with the PR Account Director to develop public relations strategy while managing the execution of projects/programs/events, including implementing integrated public relations, advertising, marketing and digital plans on deadline and on budget. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual seeking career advancement in public relations by working in an environment dedicated to learning and professional development.
- Assist in the identification, definition and prioritization of client needs and work flow.
- Maintain client contact, update weekly status reports and participate in regular internal status meetings for the entire client management team.
- Develop, nurture and support ongoing relationships with the media.
- Manage media lists, media content programs, editorial contacts and information distribution services.
- Conduct interviews, write, edit and proof copy for news releases, newspaper and magazine articles, newsletters, emails and social media.
- Manage details for media events including details such as media relations, event management, webinars, tradeshows, and conventions.
- Coordinate program implementation and related projects with other account team members across a variety of public relations, marketing and advertising disciplines in Account Services, Creative Services, Project Management and Digital Services.
- Conduct fact-finding and compose communications plans, client proposals, creative strategy briefs and estimates.
- Monitor market activity and trends in agriculture and food industries as well as remain current with developments in communications.
- Manage development, production and implementation of communications projects including news release distribution, email campaigns, publishing and websites.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, public relations or related field.
- Three or more years in communications or public relations required; agriculture experience or interest strongly preferred.
- Understand the principles of marketing communications as they relate to promoting and protecting a business’s reputation and those of its products/services.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess demonstrated fact-finding ability and interviewing skills for writing public relations, magazine, Internet and newsletter content.
- Conceives and implements creative solutions.
- Must possess a high level of stress tolerance and flexibility; maintain a high energy level in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercise good judgment in all situations and seek guidance from Account Director when outcomes are uncertain.
- Demonstrate ability to function independently; must be self-motivated.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be a strategic thinker.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to effectively establish priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Intermediate personal computer skills required including use of MS Office suite applications.
You’ll love working at The Lacek Group – smart people, great environment, engaging culture, comprehensive benefits and fantastic growth opportunities. Your confidential inquiry is encouraged.
The Lacek Group
900 2nd Avenue South, Suite 1800
Minneapolis, MN 55402
The Lacek Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top