Senior Account Executive, Healthcare Media Specialist
The Senior Account Executive will join our team to work on specifically assigned healthcare, biotech and pharmaceutical PR accounts. The primary objective will be to generate and be responsible for building relationships and securing top-level media placements in appropriate business and trade healthcare media for accounts as assigned. The successful candidate will support any and all public relations/press events or scientific conferences relative to the client and the accounts assigned. The candidate must also actively engage in social media on behalf of both the firm and assigned accounts (as determined by the scope of work specific to the client). S/he will manage and execute, working with internal team members and coordinating with client contacts and 3rd parties. S/he will also enjoy working in a smart, dynamic, entrepreneurial, client-focused, team-oriented environment.
- Coordinate and execute overall communications/public relations/marketing strategies for accounts. Schedule and attend ALL client meetings. Interface with clients daily to ensure that the quality and quantity of work is achieved and that all clients' needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Develop story angles and story ideas for assigned healthcare accounts as well as coordination of creative and graphic design work that may need to support story placement.
- Manage workflow of all accounts as assigned to ensure timely response to accounts needs, this would include but not be limited to: gaining approval of written press releases, compilation of accurate media press lists, distributing press releases, assigning photographers as approved by client, checking to ensure accuracy, coordinate media interviews and handling all media follow up, etc.
- Additional writing assignments may include copy for websites, ads, brochures, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, special event scripts and speeches, radio commercial and PSA copy, video scripts and other client related or media correspondence
- Develop accurate, complete and updated media distribution lists for each "pitch" including news advisories, pitch letters and news releases.
- Coordinate special events on behalf of clients, i.e.: press conferences, luncheons, ribbon cuttings, photo opportunities, etc.
- Make timely follow-up by phone, in writing and in some cases, in person, with reporters, editors and writers for story development and media coverage.
- "Can-do" attitude; willing to take on all different types of responsibilities
- Motivated self starter able to work with a high level of independence
- Willingness/ability to work in a client-focused, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in communicating and "translating" scientific information
- Able to multi-task effectively and maintain excellent organization
- Confident and comfortable speaking to clients independently
- An ability to effectively work with teams in different offices and regions
- Team-oriented, positive, and proactive attitude
- 4 - 6 years of media focused communications experience in a communications/public relations firm or in house experience at a biotech or pharmaceutical organization required (agency/client services or consulting experience preferred)
- A passion for media relations
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top