Senior Account Executive
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an experienced communications
professional to join our Technology Practice as an Senior Account Executive in
the San Francisco office. As an SAE within the Technology Practice, you will
join a very smart, talented and dynamic group of professionals working on a
prestigious list of clients. Our ability to deliver successful campaigns, find
creative solutions and exceed client expectations has earned us a reputation as
a valued partner and industry leader. An SAE is a communications and PR
professional who is capable of handling a wide range of projects with
a high degree of independence. An SAE is proficient in writing, media,
research and production skills; skilled in handling direct client contact;
and is developing the ability to act as a strategic counselor.
An SAE meets all responsibilities and expectations of an account executive
- Performs daily account work (e.g.,
drafting written materials, coordinating events, maintaining any client
and media contact)
- Is fully familiar with group’s
communications plans and understands and tracks clients’
- Acts as a liaison between client,
outside suppliers and other internal/external audiences
- Drafts sound,credible documents (e.g.,
client memos, news releases, case histories,
byliners, op-eds, etc)
- Demonstrates a critical ability to
translate complex technical information into stories
- Implements events such as press
conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, etc
- Exemplifies solid teamwork
capabilities while beginning to build supervisory skills
- Executes media and advocacy
relations activities and has working knowledge of media, advocates
and their needs
- Understands and begins to
contribute to and manage billing and activity reports, completing
timesheets and expense reports accurately
- Demonstrates ability to manage
agency and client resources: people, time, money
- Is able to conceptualize program
strategies and contributes to development and
presentation of new business programs
- Contributes informed suggestions as
well as creative and effective answers to client issues
- Demonstrates initiative in
identifying and proposing solutions to team concerns, while
operating with a high level of independence
- Collaborates with peers and
actively participates in team, staff and client meetings
- Displays strong work ethic and
shares company values
- Takes initiative in building skills
and knowledge and otherwise increasing their value to the
Who are we looking for?
- 3-5 years of communications experience
with emphasis on media relations and social media engagement; prior PR
agency experience strongly preferred
- Background experience and/or knowledge of B2B,
enterprise technology, and/or consumer technology necessary
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and
proven success in media relations.
- Exceptional writing ability with
experience developing all forms of communication including strategic
plans, op-eds, editorials, news releases, newsletters, and content for
- Demonstrated project management skills
and ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to manage dynamic situations and
manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability and confidence to work independently and
with remote teams.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and
seeks more information and knowledge in response.
- Strong strategic and creative thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Back to top