Senior Account Executive
The Sr. Account Executive exhibits the potential skills of the account management discipline. Understands the agency portfolio of offerings and how to apply them to solve client business problems. Partners and owns the relationship with clients at the most Jr. levels. Is an Agency Driver that works to keep the agency operations moving along.
- Expected to learn the client business, prepare client deliverables and become a brand expert and trusted client advisor
- Expected to coordinate job openings, estimates, POs and review job closings and client billing
- Demonstrate familiarity with online marketing channels such as email marketing and overall best practices
- Responsible for developing and executing complex, highly segmented email marketing campaigns for major global loyalty program
- Manage creative development & review process of highly detailed deliverables across multiple regions and languages
- Collaborates with key client stakeholders to solicit and develop offer content for loyalty member communications
- Builds expertise on a brand's competitive landscape and product differentiators
- Capable of writing simple creative briefs, SOWs, and POV's with supervision
- Establishes core relationships with junior clients
- Can mentor and train junior team members on account service fundamentals, agency processes, client standards, etc.
- Develops key creative relationships
- Evaluates creative work and provides feedback for revisions, as needed
- Able to adequately represent client interests to team
- Collaborates with specialists at appropriate times to ensure consensus around scoping, project approach, etc.
- Ability to write accurate scopes by engaging appropriate discipline leads and asking detailed questions of clients to gain clarity around deliverables and needs (excels in project definition)
- Understands appropriate research techniques for strategy, creative, and media needs
- Understands basic principles of direct marketing, offer targeting and segmentation strategies
- Participates in /has exposure to development of client marketing strategy
- Understands the implications of business strategy on project decisions
- Knows when to escalate potential problems
- Project execution:
- Issues change orders, with oversight
- Monitors critical project hand-offs
- Initiates, presents, and drives to completion value-added projects (participation dependent on level of complexity)
- Sets up meetings, includes the appropriate stakeholders, and provides accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes
- Understands the both the basic steps for project completion as well as identify dependencies and can demonstrate flexibility when presented road blocks during execution.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Four or more years experience in a generalist marketing role - traditional (print, tv, radio) and digital (social, email, SEO)
- Experience presenting information both orally and in writing
- Solid business writing skills
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience working with content management systems a plus
- Experience with agency SOWs, finance and traffic a plus
- Global account management and/or agency experience a plus
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top