Public Relations Intern/Coordinator (Temporary, Immediate Hire)
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a Public Relations Coordinator/Intern (Post-Graduate) to work on one of our larger consumer accounts. Our PR Coordinator will have the opportunity to hone professional public relations skills while working on a number of client projects for one large brand. This is intended as a learning position, and will start in a temporary capacity (~90 day commitment) with high potential of full time placement within the company. Previous coursework and/or internships experience required. We are seeking candidates who would be available to start immediately.
- Actively works to develop a broad understanding of the business by performing a range of well-defined assignments.
- Actively contributes in group and team meetings, as well as in brainstorming, developing and researching client programs.
- Begins to understand the full range of clients’ products, services and capabilities.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for getting involved and contributing to the account, team and agency.
- Gains knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout Ogilvy.
- Understands and effectively utilizes both internal and external research capabilities, including use of the Internet, media databases and other existing and emerging communications resources
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles for clients and prepares reports.
- Develops daily monitoring reports that require minimal editing from supervisors, and are free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Supports the management of a client’s media dashboard and real-time coverage tracking mechanism
- Learns to spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes.
- Leverages analytics and mathematical skills to measure and assess the quantity and quality of media coverage.
- Conducts analysis to determine the success of campaigns, offering insight into a client’s brand perception, share of voice and influence.
- Develops monthly client reports.
- Evaluates and analyzes information and data, including the development of succinct, accurate summaries and analyses of research.
- Begins to learn how to develop compelling story angles and draft pitch letters.
- Develops media lists and other reports (e.g., competitor analysis, campaign wrap-up reports) completely and accurately.
- Affirmatively works to enhance skills and comfort at conducting media outreach.
- Supports editorial outreach and is gaining understanding of the dynamics of media relations.
- Arranges meetings and events, including press conferences, analyst meetings, annual meetings and other special events.
- Coordinate with vendors, help to prepare competitive intelligence charts, develop briefing books.
- Is learning and applying fundamentals of graphics and presentation skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations or related field
- Previous relevant internship experience required
- Operates with independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Working understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Ability to work 40 hours a week
Back to top