The Senior Project Manager is responsible for working closely with the Project Director and Project Managers to ensure that project plans are in support of client business objectives and are aligned with Ogilvy's human and financial resources. In addition, he/she is also responsible for providing client, project and people support on large assignments and leadership on small to medium assignments, assuming full accountability and responsibility for achieving client objectives (scope, quality, timing and budget) and Ogilvy objectives (quality and profitability).
Contribute to Project Development (20%)
- Seeks additional revenue opportunities by always being aware of scope changes, upgrade opportunities within existing engagements, or new opportunities within a customer’s organization.
- Assist the Account Managers as needed with proposal presentations, explaining to the client the rationale for production related costs
Project Management (60%)
- Interacts with the client and account management to gain an understanding of the project goals and objectives
- Leading triage with the Quartet (project categorization)
- Support development and definition of project specifications, scope and objectives under direction of the Project Director
- Develop Statements of Work and supporting project plan, resource plan, and cost estimate under direction of the Project Director
- Optimizing resource allocation and management
- Develop baseline schedules and get approval from Project Director
- Manage the status of a project against baseline project milestones
- Issue weekly status reports to Ogilvy management and client
- Proactively identify risks and develop and communicate solutions to contingency plans and manage to those plans
- Monitor and manage project budgets to ensure on-budget tracking, reporting, and management through the project process and compliance with Ogilvy's accounting procedures
- Ensure effective vendor solicitation, selection and contract negotiation on project
- Provide formal feedback for performance evaluations of team members at the close of a project
- Assisting in the recruitment and development of the Project Managers
Document Ownership (20%)
- Support creation of Statements of Work, project plans, resources plans and estimates.
- Create detailed project schedule and related costing.
- Maintain and update daily and weekly progress against baseline timelines; issue status reports to Account Management and client.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Minimum of 1-2+ years project management experience on projects with P500K-P2M budgets
- Strong understanding of project life cycle
- Proven ability to bring projects in on time and on/under budget
- Experience supervising/mentoring junior project managers
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to see the big picture and to understand complex tactical relationships in support of an overall strategy
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships with clients
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and create solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments
Back to top