The Project Manager is responsible for working closely with the Project Director and Senior Project Managers to ensure that project plans are in support of client business objectives and are aligned with Ogilvy's human and financial resources. In addition, he/she is also responsible for creative workload assignment and schedule management across all involved teams in the agency.
- Project Management (60%)
- Works with Senior Project Managers and Account Managers to assign work to the creative teams.
- Ensure timely delivery of day-to-day requirements to the Account Managers.
- Manage the workload and coordinate the schedules of the cross functional teams
- Assess requirements and make judgements regarding necessary workload reassignment and deadline negotiations with the account managers.
- Schedule briefings and internals and they facilitate team meetings.
- Source and manage freelancers as needed.
- Draft baseline schedules and get approval from Senior Project Manager
- Proactively identify risks and develop and communicate solutions to contingency plans and manage to those plans
- Keep track of client POs, preparing PRFs, and coordinating with the traffic manager for the necessary paperwork.
- In charge of delivery of all internal requirements with the supervision of the Senior Project Manager, e.g. awards entries production and submission, internal AVPs, etc.
- Document Ownership (20%)
- Maintain and update daily calendar schedules of the teams
- Create and file copies of necessary internals paperwork needed to facilitate supplier payment
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Knowledge of agency-client- supplier ways of working
- An understanding of project life cycle.
- Experience coordinating with several teams at one.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to see the big picture and to strategize best solutions in terms of work delegation
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships with internal team members
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and create solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other departments
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top