PR Associate Account Director
- Yangon, Myanmar [Burma]
TODAY Ogilvy & Mather (TOM) is the leading international Marketing Agency in Myanmar. With a strong local heritage going back 20 years, Ogilvy bought into the Today Advertising operation in 2012 as soon as sanctions were lifted, and we remain at the top end of the market, working with some of the leading clients in the country: Coca-Cola, Huawei, Samsung, Uber, Singapore Tourism Board, Nestle, Shell, PTTEP, Vietjet and many others. The Group includes Advertising, a strong PR division, and a large Social and Digital team.
TOM is a company of ‘firsts’ – we are constantly breaking new ground, and introducing new ideas, new concepts and new techniques to the market as well as creating creative benchmarks. It is our job at TODAY Ogilvy & Mather to make sure that we are at the forefront of change and are leading and advising our clients, ensuring that they are ahead of the game. For the Social team, we run a newsroom set up creating a volume of creative social content every da. This team includes designers, writers and our own filmmakers and editors. Now we have 53 people.
As a company leader, an Associate Account Director is an experienced and independent manager who is able to handle multiple client accounts while managing and mentoring junior team members. He/she is able to build strong relationships and holds the confidence of the client.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Sets and manages client expectations
- Serve as senior agency contact to a group of accounts, ensuring client satisfaction
- Bring value-added approach to all issues and projects, while directing team members to be day-to-day contacts.
- Effectively support clients as they deal with crisis or issues situations, while using them as a teaching moment
- With Senior Managers and Mangers, develop and manage projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans and timelines
- Work closely with senior agency staff and clients in conceptualizing writing and implementing creative and meaningful communications strategies including across social media
- Provide counsel on public relations and business trends for industry segment/products
- Develop and manage budgets and business plans in concert with established corporate fiscal goals, maintaining and monitoring account profitability
- Contribute to financial forecasting/projections
- Manage, motivate and develop staff members ensuring a high level of client service and delivery on client, practice and agency objectives
- Identify and pursue opportunities for developing new business within and across company offices and practice areas
Qualified candidates possess the following abilities and experience:
- A full understanding of public relations and a consistent track record of achieving public relations objectives
- At least 5-6 years of PR service. No NGO backgrounds.
- Experienced in building and protecting corporate and brand reputations
- Confident in advising clients on issues/crisis situations and can develop and activate proactive/mitigation plans
- Commercially savvy, demonstrating business benefits to clients
- Experienced and commited to mentoring and managing junior team members
- Record of excellent organization, problem solving and planning skills
Back to top