As a planning director you are a leader who opens the aperture of opportunity on the account. This job is on an entirely new line of business (Financial Services), and the primary role is to partner with the Account Director to build an integral relationship with the clients based on category experience and expertise.
- Cultivating and nurturing client trust and relationships based on demonstrated expertise in category dynamics and marketing
- Managing a major national brand, building strategies for multiple product lines and target groups (both B2B and B2C)
- Working with the broader interdisciplinary strategic and creative teams to ensure enterprise-level consistency and integrity of the creative ideas and work
- Attends research and conducts interviews
- Participates in the development of 360 communication plans
- Moderates / facilitates workshops and research both internally and on behalf of clients
- Managing and mentoring the planning talent dedicated to the account
- 8-10 years of experience in strategic planning, with experience at a Director or equivalent level
- Bachelors degree or higher (MBA a plus)
- Significant experience in and understanding of the financial services category and working with the B2B target in this sector
- Demonstrated talent in developing compelling creative work for complex clients and businesses
- Experience developing strong client relationships
- Ability to manage and nurture junior talent
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide and the leading global network in one to one marketing. Today, Ogilvy employs over 15,000 people in 450 offices around the world. We are a member of the WPP family of companies. Our tradition of providing training and career development to our talent began with founder – David Ogilvy – and continues today over 60 years later. The strength of our reputation however, continues to lie in the collective skills and talents of the individuals we hire.
Back to top