Part-Time Finance Intern
Ogilvy & Mather is looking for a Part-Time Finance Intern able to work at least 20 hours per week to assist our Client Finance Team. Responsibilities in this role will center around – but not be limited to – administrative functions related to expense tracking, auditing, resource planning and assignments, tracking, reviewing and analyzing billing, AP/AR and WIP projects, and potentially other ad-hoc finance projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, ambitious individual looking to gain exposure to Ogilvy & Mather’s Financial and Accounting processes, providing a great foundation for a potential career in Finance and/or Accounting.
We are looking for an intern that is able to begin working with us immediately. This project will last through the Spring 2017 term, with potential to extend through the Summer.
- Handling billing for all fees and costs
- Run reports for revenue, WIP, job status tracker, A/R, and resource hours worked both billable and non-billable
- Maintain job status tracker and meet with Account, PM and Business Affairs teams bi-weekly to review OOP activity and ensure estimates are getting approved, upfront billings and final billings made, etc.
- Coordinate year-end accrual and reconcile to actuals
- Run data extracts for monthly client profitability and labor
- Track and reconcile RW costs and post associated transfers
- Handle fee transfers to NY office
- Handle inter-company transfers and billings, i.e. OPR
- Ensure all client PO’s are copied into shared drive into 2 folders — sort by PO Number and sort by Job Number
- Other ad hoc activities
- Finance or Accounting Major required. At least 9 credits earned in Finance/Accounting courses, particularly Corporate Finance and Financial Accounting.
- Ability to work 20-25 hours per week.
- Proficient in MS Office. Knowledgeable in advanced Excel functions i.e. Pivot Tables, VLookups, and SUMIF.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to learn and translate complex processes in a clear, simple format
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Resourceful, responsible, team player, high energy, personable, and good communication skills.
Back to top