Paid Search Manager
- Chicago, IL
Why this role?
At Ogilvy, we believe in the power of combining media thinking with creative excellence.
The sole focus on efficiency in traditional media agencies shrinks the potential of creativity with its emphasis on simplistic numbers-based optimization. However, creativity on its own is not the winning solution either because it rarely delivers on the full potential of ideas. Our thinking combines media with strategic and creative capabilities at one of the top agencies in the world.
It is time for you to plan your next move. What matters to you is being challenged and delivering above and beyond. Ogilvy is looking for a talented media supervisor to bring their expertise to a portfolio of clients, and it may be you. Coaching young talent is what gives you energy. You love to partner with clients and advise them on how to solve complex media challenges. When pitch time comes, you give it your all and that translates into winning business. ‘Empowering’ is one of your favorite concepts – you welcome being empowered and you apply the same to your beloved team. Your humanity and natural empathy translate into great leadership skills. You believe the industry is in the middle of a transformation and you want to play your part. It starts at Ogilvy.
The Media Supervisor has 4+ years of paid search experience; someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit, is passionate about all things related to media strategies, media planning, buying and innovation, and an integral part of the team to help inform cutting edge ideas.
You help define the drivers of search campaign performance to deliver and optimize peak results across objectives from brand awareness, intent, and ultimately drive conversion and ROI.
You will develop unique and complex search media plans that are consistent with approved strategies and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of search: from planning to implementation to optimization and performance reporting.
The right candidate is also someone comfortable liaising with clients, as a trusted advisor and as a member of an integrated search and social team. Additionally, you will be a trusted resource across Ogilvy for paid search and expected to support and train junior team members as needed.
- Drive search planning and execution as part of an integrated digital media team to ensure optimal cross-channel performance with use of cutting-edge data targeting and audience buying
- Manage relationships with key product partners with search specializations including Google/YouTube, Microsoft/Bing, Pinterest and other third-party vendors
- Oversee completion of daily assignments, including but not limited to: reporting, tagging/trafficking, optimizing, negotiating, gathering screenshots, vendor communication & meetings, custom creative review, planning (including slide/deck development), billing (client & vendor), internal/external status updates, research projects, etc.
- Solid knowledge of other digital marketing platforms and capabilities is a plus, including paid social, programmatic, tracking and tagging methods, and various analytic packages
- In partnership with the strategy team and the broader media team, create decks for media recommendations which clearly explain recommendations
- Work with Analytics team to develop thorough measurement plans and report on campaign performance regularly
- Review/QA campaigns and reporting generated by junior team members
- Write client facing POVs to evaluate search and social media opportunities and inspire clients via phone, email or in-person interaction
- Responsible for keeping up-to-date billing charts and working with billing department to ensure all bills are paid
- Follow, analyze, and optimize against digital trends and the latest technological advancements in media landscape, and connect learnings over time
- Contribute to strategy and brainstorming sessions for new clients and pitches
- Executing tests, collecting and analyzing data, identifying patterns and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI
Discipline Specific Skills
- 4+ years of paid search experience is mandatory, including planning and buying
- Experience working in an integrated capacity with Planning, Account and Creative teams
- Outside of search, strong working competency in paid social and programmatic
- Familiar with various forms of digital pricing models (CPM, CPC, CPV, CPA, CPCV, etc.) and when to leverage each
- Ability to use third-party ad servers to traffic media campaigns and pull reports; experience with DCM and/or Google Marketing Platform (DBM) is a plus
- Proficient in Office and particularly master excel and can automate and find efficiencies in the process of trafficking
- Google AdWords and Facebook Blueprint certification a plus
- Exceptional written, verbal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees & clients
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and advanced follow-through skills
- Self-motivated with a hands-on approach
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate assertiveness, confidence and passion
Location: Open to remote
Back to top