Paid Search Account Manager (PPC)
A day in the life of...
[email protected] is an innovative and exciting global digital performance media agency, part of WPP. We have a vibrant and culturally diverse team of friendly, professional individuals who also like to have fun. Our client relationships are some of the longest standing in the industry and require a meticulous and professional attitude and approach.
The successful candidate will work on a British multinational B2B client from the finance/accounting vertical on their UK and IRE paid search activity, as part of a team of 6 paid search professionals.
We rely on you to...
The Account Manager will be responsible for leading the client's paid search programmes in terms of execution and strategic planning. This includes:
- Day to day contact with clients and search networks
- Operational lead on the PPC accounts, and responsible for its smooth running
- Understand clients' business objectives
- Innovative strategic thinking on all client activity; to be one step ahead
- Work with Account Executives to ensure that all trafficking and tracking is implemented correctly and within a specified timeframe
- Work with search networks to ensure that campaigns go live in a timely manner
- Ensure all campaigns are running and tracking at all times
- Produce reports illustrating campaign performance
- Ensure campaigns achieve clients ROI and business objectives
- Recommend search media optimisation and additional placements
- Produce end of campaign reports and analysis
- Be competent in third party bid management and tracking solutions
- Fully confident in use of Excel, including pivot tables, reporting and analysis uses.
- Ensure that all financial accruals are up to date
- Ensure that status reports and campaigns summaries are up to date
- To work with other teams to ensure smooth running of day to day activities eg digital media teams and account teams
- To communicate on a professional level both internally and externally at all times
- Other duties assigned as and when necessary by the Account Director including participation in new business development and pitches.
You are great at...
- Must be passionate about the media industry on and offline, and in particular, search
- Must have previous experience working within the search marketing sector and managing
- international accounts
- Strong mathematical and analytic skills and the ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Must have a strong understanding of automated search marketing tools and software, including bid management, tracking and ROI analysis
- Ability to maintain client and search network relationships
- Good writing and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Organised and methodical, with excellent time management skills - ability to work autonomously
- Well considered recommendations and arguments
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
- Outgoing and not afraid to learn
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail essential
- Enthusiastic and confident with the ability to interact well with people on a personal and professional level and to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- GAP qualified
- Other languages beneficial although not essential.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top