Mid-level developer - H&O
A day in the life of...
What we're looking for
The successful applicant will be part of the team responsible for the on-time delivery of high quality HTML emails and HTML5 banners for H&O Digital.
The team you'll be joining
You will be working closely with the other experienced developers in multiple disciplines covering banner, email, front-end and back-end development within the Hogarth and Ogilvy network. You'll be liaising with various project managers to ensure that work is delivered on time and to a high standard.
You will also be required to maintain a strong working relationship with the Art Directors and Copywriters across multiple agencies to ensure that messaging and design is on brand.
We rely on you to...
- Estimating the complexity of development work on a variety of media and working with project managers to deliver statements of work.
- Consulting with account managers to manage product feasibility.
- Developing and ensuring the on-time delivery of emails and HTML5 banners.
- Liaising with the quality assurance department to ensure defects are not repeated.
- Ensuring the development of all emails and banners are of the highest possible quality and exceed the industry standard.
- Looking for efficiencies in developing emails and HTML5 banners.
- Documenting agreed process changes for the development of email and HTML5 banners to ensure that new members of the team can deliver to the same standards.
- Educating the project management and account teams on industry developments.
- Occasionally liaising directly with clients to educate and inform them on best-practice and potential strategic opportunities in the banner and email sphere.
You will be successful in this role by pushing for best-practice and efficient process wherever possible.
Most challenging aspect of the role
We work in a time-critical environment where a 1 hour in turnaround makes all the difference.
To be successful in applying for this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous works through a portfolio of fully responsive emails developed both individually and in a team
- Previous works through a portfolio of HTML5 banners without using any third-party libraries
- A strong proficiency in coding HTML (for emails, and HTML5) and CSS
- An ability to work autonomously and as an effective member of a team
- Knowledge of legal implications in data protection legislation in the UK and Europe
- Knowledge of multiple Email Service Providers (ESPs) including benefits and limitations and email client issues
- Established knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of image compression and optimisation
- Understanding of the GIT version control system
You are great at...
Advanced capability of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator)
- Some knowledge of the Sketch design application
- Experience in front-end development for websites
- Experience in developing templates for WordPress and Magento websites
- Understanding of the GIT-flow process
- Knowledge of legal implications in data protection legislation internationally
- Experience in hosting websites using Amazon Web Services
We expect the successful applicant to have:
- A passion for front-end web development
- Attention to detail in their work and the work of others
- Excellent communication skills to simplify complex digital challenges
- A passion for the brands we have the privilege to work with
- A proactive and strategic response to project challenges and critical feedback
- A strong desire to promote the positive environment within the agency
- A tenacious attitude towards delivery
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top