Mid Strategic Planner
- Cape Town, South Africa
Ogilvy is constantly looking at growing the family by attracting talent that will bring in fresh new innovative concepts.
The Ogilvy Office in Cape Town requires an Integrated Strategic Planner
Reporting to: Senior Integrated Planner – Cape Town
Major task headings:
- Responsible for providing inspiration from grounded consumer insight that will give way to ideas that matter and help to accelerate brand success across a variety of FMCG Clients in South Africa and into the rest of Africa.
- Acting as partner in providing Modern Marketing thought leadership for Clients across Brand Strategy, Advertising, Consumer Engagement and Commerce and PR and Influence capabilities – including driving appropriate measurement/ensuring effectiveness of work.
- Define and understand the core target audience, demographics, psychographics, behaviour and attitudinal mindsets across ATL, Digital and Social channels
- Construct brand idea, architecture, positioning and value propositions and translating them into fully integrated communications strategies
- Provide clear, compelling creative direction through succinct creative brief writing that include inspirational thought starters
- Stay current and connected to popular culture and platform usage and creative developments in order to identify and predict relevant trends
- Be able to provide clear direction to diverse stakeholders within Ogilvy, ie Creative, PR and Influence, Consumer Engagement, Social.Lab, Retail teams to develop excellent Integrated brand activities that drive brand growth for our Clients – as well as across partner Agencies, including specifically working with media and social media partners across multiple platforms
- Manage and develop Junior Strategists, including performance tracking and building of individual development plans
- University Degree preferred
- Five+ years of experience as an agency and/or FMCG consumer planner, including cross-agency team management experience
- Extensive knowledge of communications planning, brand growth strategies, consumer insight development as well as some experience working on omnichannel customer experience, mobile, social, web, UX, CRM, and/or Brand Influence strategy development
- Experience working in Beverage sector and Pan-Africa experience will be an advantage
Successful applicants will be:
- Research savvy - understand how to apply qualitative and quantitative learning to solve client issues
- Cultural and tech voyeurs - know how to tap into pop culture and tech trends and translate them into executions
Back to top