Media Relations Manager
The Media Relations Manager is the main point of contact between the accounts team, clients and press in media-related matters. He/she creates, implements and monitors media relations initiatives for PR campaigns under his/her area of responsibility. He/she ensures adherence to Agency media relations standards, and forges and maintains strategic media relationships particularly in areas of account focus.
- Timely and effective delivery of media relations strategy for assigned client accounts
- Builds, maintains and protects Ogilvy’s reputation and relationships with media, both national and provincial
- Contributes to the expansion of Ogilvy’s media network and Agency Media Database
- Adherence to Media Relations standards across the agency
- For campaigns or projects directly handled, provides strategy and recommendations to achieve quality results.
- For campaigns or projects directly handled, tracks daily news across multi-media platforms and provides accurate and timely reports
- Distributes press materials and kits through organic media outreach and events
- Ensures best practice and timely execution of media relations scope, ensuring all opportunities for publicity are maximized
- Forge and maintain strategic relationships with Philippine media
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of assigned tasks
- 1-2 years of experience in Media Relations or in a related field (such as a media outfit for a significant number of years)
- Strong network of media relations contacts, both off- and online
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Able to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills
- Detail oriented, with excellent follow through skills
- Ability to work with all teams and groups
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top