- The Media Planner is responsible for the strategic planning, placement and optimization of media campaigns. They are responsible for ensuring client objectives are understood, service levels remain high, and client expectations are met with a strong focus on delivering results against core metrics.
- The role requires an ability to be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analyzing results. It also requires initiative and proactivity in increasing efficiencies and identifying new client opportunities.
- Ensures media campaigns are created and implemented to best achieve campaign performance and media efficiency goals
- Monitors campaign delivery against Key Performance Indicators as established with client
- Provides reporting, monitoring and optimization of campaigns to ensure performance benchmarks are met
- Serves as internal champion for media executions across Account, Creative and Social teams
- Develops, motivates, and trains Asst. Planners
- 1-3 years of media experience – agency side preferred
- Strong experience in management of accounts with a focus on performance
- Demonstrate a high competency of using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be comfortable managing multiple campaigns of varying size and objectives simultaneously
- Experience using Doubleclick for Advertisers (DFA > DCM) and Doubleclick Bid Manager (DBM) or equivalent
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of Ad Serving and display technologies
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form strong relationships with clients and internal teams
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top