Media Account Manager
The Media Account Manager (AM) is the day-to-day focal point of the account. The AM is expected to have a complete and unquestioned understanding of their assigned client's media business and overall marketing objectives
The AM is the 'hub' that keeps all new requests and existing campaigns moving, helping to manage priorities and deliverables across the team
An understanding of the media planning and campaign execution process is required and the AM is expected to provide mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior media team and/or the client. The position is usually supported by the AMP and reports to at least a Media Supervisor level
- Manage the smooth day to day running of the account and the effective management of all Client projects
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of all Agency systems and planning processes as well as Client processes. Ensure that work progresses through the system to meet deadlines and knows the job status on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to judge priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity.
- Ensure all members of the team are regularly updated on the status of ongoing projects to ensure all disciplines work together to get the work out on time and on budget.
- Day-to-day management of the media plan including oversight of buy recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting
- Build a positive relationship with clients & involve them with regular updates on project status, to build their confidence and trust
- Ensure smooth and real-time flow of communication between all people working on a project.
- Act as the communication channel between the Agency, creative agency and other communication partners to ensure a smooth integration of all elements within the mix
- Handle day-to-day client requests and questions
- 1-3 years of media planning/buying and account management experience
- A strong understanding of the media planning process for ATL and digital channels, from client brief through media planning and execution.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Knowledge of media tools (ad serving, research) and procedures (both media and inter-department)
- Have a good eye for detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of all materials that leave the Agency.
- Act as the communication channel between the Agency and Clients, media agency and other communication partners to ensure a smooth integration of all elements within the mix
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Understands the concepts of reach, frequency, frequency management, ROI and latency
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top