Learning & Development Specialist
Are You Our Next Giant?
We are one of the largest digital and marketing communications companies in the world, and have been a named Network of the Year by the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity for five consecutive years and the Most Effective Agency Network by the Effies in 2012, 2013, and 2016. With over 450 offices around the globe, Ogilvy provides clients large and small with a full range of marketing services.
Our tradition of providing learning and career development to our talent began with our founder - David Ogilvy when he started the company in 1948. The strength of our reputation continues to lie in the collective skills and talents of the individuals we hire. David once said: "…if each of us hires people who are bigger than we are, we shall become a company of giants."
Reporting directly to the Director of Learning & Development for Ogilvy USA, this role is a key member of the Learning & Development team structure. Responsible for providing critical program management and support to the L&D team, with expansion to support on the global level as needed.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of several projects and special events that may include, You Matter Day, our Learning Management System, high potential programs and Modern Marketing.
- Responsible for project management, data analysis, and reporting.
- Applies project management skills to oversee timelines, key deliverables, and monitor risks during the development and implementation of a learning program.
- Assists in the creation and development of various learning programs and training experiences.
- Collects feedback on training quality and delivery through evaluations and surveys.
- Builds strong relationships with team members, business leaders, and managers when assisting in the creation of a learning program and during the closure or follow up phase
- Monitors budget including tracking expenditures of program spend.
- Leads and coordinates weekly L&D status meetings (takes notes and uses Planner to keep track of status notes).
- Manages and updates L&D intranet site and monthly newsletter.
- Where applicable, assists with communication, program execution and facilitation.
- Collects, compiles and reports results of evaluations, attendance and training data.
- Prepares and documents procedures for employees and management who are appointed for specific trainings.
- Manages coordination of meetings, programs, and events, including room prep for team meetings, room set up for trainings, prep of materials, catering orders, and attendance tracking.
- Responsible for ordering training supplies and materials for programs as needed, which may include coordinating with internal departments, such as H&O, for print materials.
- Routes e-mail messages from the Learning & Development inbox and may handle wide-range information dissemination.
- Creates and maintains filing system(s) and keeps department supplies and materials stocked.
- Uses multiple technical applications including Keynote, Powerpoint, word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, and other technical/scientific applications
- Oversees and manages the online conference room booking system for 3rd Floor Training Room. Check-in and mediate when needed (answer questions, provide appropriate contact information if there is a booking conflict, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Learning & Development, Human Resources, Account, or Communications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong strategic-thinking skills
- Strong relationship building skills and leadership skills
- Team player who works well with others in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrates a commitment to Ogilvy's culture
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work autonomously and independently
- Exceptional customer service approach toward internal clients and business partners
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Effective listening and problem solving skills
- Outstanding Attention to detail
- Solid project, time and budget management skills
- Digital expert familiar with digital and video means of communication
- Strong computer/tech skills
- 1-3 years of experience working with an L&D team for a large organization
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top