Junior Copywriter - Social
A day in the life of...
In Social.Lab, we like fresh thinkers. We like people with new ideas and new ways of solving problems that aren't your average tried and tested methods.
We need a Junior Copywriter full of beans and bursting with new ideas that simply need a little shaping and craft from a seasoned creative. We need a creative person that wants to teach us a thing or two about Snap and Instagram, as well as being keen to learn the art of conceptual thinking and crafting a big idea.
We rely on you to...
Working as a Junior Copywriter, you'll be responsible for delivering an endless supply of fresh ideas alongside Senior Creative team members for a wide range of creative briefs. You'll also be required to take big ideas and within them develop tactical pieces of content, whether it be a 15s video, boomerang, or vertical video. You'll be responsible for:
- Generating a range of big campaign ideas from a creative brief
- Developing individual activation/content ideas from an established campaign idea
- Writing up ideas in a concise yet passionate way
- Producing a range of nuanced copy variations for each specific brief
- Quickly articulating ideas using simple sketches (nothing fancy)
- Writing copy for a range of content types that fits a brand's tone of voice
- Supporting Senior Creative Teams with creative tasks that contribute to the success of a brief
- Proactively sharing creative projects from the wider industry and beyond that serve as inspiration for the creative department and wider business.
You are great at...
The ideal candidates must have;
- A degree within a creative discipline and examples of how this degree has been used in advertising, OR experience within the world of advertising.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in short copywriting & creative thinking, full of ideas that wow people.
- A thorough understanding of (and love for) social media, and the main features, benefits and limitations of all of the major social platforms.
- A demonstrable understanding of the stages involved in creative processes.
- Excellent time management skills and experience working to tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment.
- An education/background that demonstrates a passion for creativity.
An energetic, accommodating and vocal team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top