Human Resources Manager
The role of the HR Manager is to partner with all disciplines of Ogilvy & Mather Chicago to assist in the implementation of a talent management strategy. The HR Manager will be responsible for assisting the Director, Talent Management in performance management, development/career-pathing, training, talent reviews, and compensation planning.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units for the compass point. Consults with local management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Help to manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions). Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Partner with HR Associate to deliver onboarding, orientation, and off-boarding for all employees in compass point
- Initiate and handle immigration matters for compass point
- Partner with business leads to assist Director, Talent Management in determining learning and development needs- create training curriculum for compass point utilizing internal subject matter experts and/or external vendors, leverage internal training programs when appropriate
- Assist with creating a corporate calendar for office events – Holidays, monthly birthday and anniversary parties, bring your kids to work days, Halloween, blood drives and other employee service initiatives.
- Assist with corporate events- responsible for office culture including office events
- Partner with HR and Recruiting for local employer branding in the marketplace and talent pipelining (e.g. develop university relationships, professional association partnerships, diversity organization partnerships etc.)
- Be a trusted advisor to employees on the ground- first line for all questions related to benefits, payroll, and compensation.
- Learning & Development- help create and implement curriculum for all disciplines in compass point-can leverage some O&M and WPP trainings but often limited by financial constraints- must rely on subject matter experts locally to keep training going
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of HR generalist experience including recruitment with at least one year as a manager.
- Advertising, Communications, Marketing Services experience a plus.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with a concern for accuracy of spelling and grammar, but capable of seeing the big picture.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with sense of humor. Is not upset by last minute and late breaking requests.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with customer service orientation. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work on own, as well as in a team environment with proven track record of initiative and information seeking skills.
Back to top