Head of Social
Ogilvy Manila is looking for a conceptual forward thinker who understands the importance of how making social central and not peripheral to the work that we do for brands. Must be able to identify business opportunities, leverage findings and insights and apply that to help develop powerful creative and communications strategies, while also getting your hands dirty.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to bring a fresh take on developing social media solutions while working with teams that are experienced, passionate and award-winning.
- Serve as a seasoned, strategic, innovative and dynamic leader who can deliver unique and visionary ideas that constantly place Ogilvy Manila at the forefront of Social thought leadership
- Lead and drive social media strategy and execution, including strategy development, program conception and execution, and measurement of social programs
- While Integrate social media strategies across all aspects of paid, owned and earned media by working in partnership with Creative, Planning, Strategy, and Account Teams
- Bring innovative thinking into the advertising and brand work that is linked seamlessly with advertising, events, digital, mobile, outdoor and more channels
- Have a deep understanding of the various platforms within social media (first-hand experience a must)
- Be experienced in managing influence channels (i.e. influencers, bloggers, media publications)
- Have passion for delivering new ground breaking ideas that bring branding, social and mobile together and have a track record of doing breakthrough work
- Possess strong communications skill (written and presentation) and a great story teller with a history of client wins
- Drive business growth and manage P&L for Social Manila business (revenue tracking, new business hunting, client retention plan)
- Work closely with business, creative and strategy leads (Consumer Influence, Customer Engagement, Brand, Corporate Branding,etc…) on the development of strategies and the integration of social into existing programs
- Drive direction for growth and sustainability of Manila’s social media hub business (Command Center, Newsroom, Content Studio, Social Care)
- Direct teams to employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze data and provide insight.
- Lead the creation of social media strategies built on the shoulders of research and an understanding the client’s business goals
- Manage execution of social media campaigns
- Contribute to developing the talents of your team members and direct reports
- Contribute thought leadership pieces and speaking engagements
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in social media and public relations space
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing a team across functions
- Consistently demonstrated the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships internally and with the client
- Experienced in measuring the success of social programs using listening and analytics tools
- Proven success in creating and managing a social media discipline within an agency or business.
- Proven ability to leverage social across platforms and integrate social media into overall marketing strategy
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the social space: platforms, vendors, measurement, content creation, media, technology
Back to top