Head of New Business and Marketing
Head of New Business and Marketing
We are looking for a new head of marketing and new business to join the leadership team in our London office. The successful candidate will lead all marketing and new business activities for Ogilvy Public Relations UK, report directly to the CEO, and sit on the agency’s Executive Committee. The role requires strong knowledge of the industry, a truly entrepreneurial attitude, experience managing a team, superb organisational skills, outstanding networking skills, and a proven ability to lead multiple complex projects.
The Day to Day:
- Developing the New Business and Marketing Plan
- Driving and helping to convert the New Business pipeline, with support from team
- Delivering and executing prospecting and contact strategies
- Identifying new business opportunities (contract renewal, people moves, etc)
- Proactively building new business contacts through networking
- Following up and qualifying pitch opportunities
- Developing and facilitating new business database using Sugar CRM
- Developing and overseeing a contact programme (database, marketing calendar and promotion of agency events/content)
- Overseeing new business tacking and analysis using Sugar CRM
- Developing and maintaining new business collateral, case studies, pitch and creds presentations for London and supporting regional and global needs.
- Acting as lead for key pitches including RFI and Pitch management
- Managing editing and writing RFIs
- Supporting global and regional requests and pitches
- Providing consultancy and advice for pitch leads throughout the pitch process
- Ownership of pitch wrap up and client feedback
Marketing & Reputation
- Acting as key advisor to CEO and Exco about marketing conditions, competitor activities, new business and marketing best practices
- Driving a disruptive new approach to our marketing
- Leading marketing projects (like website redevelopment)
- Overseeing digital marketing activites, including development of content for website and social media channels, and working with the business to ensure content input from a range of sources
- Driving our thought leadership and content plan
- Writing and updating agency marketing materials (e.g. agency credentials)
- Driving agency PR strategy
- Maintaining valuable intermediary and influencer relationships
- Maintaining key journalist relationship plans and delivery
- Overseeing and contributing to awards strategy and submissions
- Overseeing competitor analysis
- Identifying and attending industry conferences and networking events
- Interfacing with key industry trade groups
- Contributing to internal Group marketing and new business initiatives
- Line manager for team that currently includes EMEA new business manager and UK new business manager, as well as one designer.
- Owning the Commercial Costs budget (responsible for annual review, budget management, contract negotiations, budget allocation and approvals)
- Owning New Business and Marketing resource investment budget and third party budget.
Skills & Qualities:
- Previous experience with new business development and / or marketing in an agency environment, although not necessarily in a specialist role.
- Proven ability to develop a detailed plan and drive execution against it.
- Demonstrated track record of successful networking and relationship building with key stakeholders.
- Understanding public relations in all of its guises.
- Having views on how to continue innovating and progressing PR as an industry.
- Strong programme, stakeholder and people management skills.
- Ability to write well and develop PowerPoint and other collateral materials.
- Financially and commercial savvy.
- Passionate. Energetic. Strong positive attitude.
- Entrepreneurial and self-starting.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 markets. So we’re a big network agency. But we’re a little unusual, especially in the UK. First, we’re part of the Ogilvy Group, delivering lots of integrated work with our colleagues who specialise in advertising, direct, paid media, and much more. No other PR network can match our access to deep specialist resources, especially in emerging areas like data science and behaviour change, together with traditional specialisms like creative and strategic planning.
In London, we’re a team of about a hundred people, working for a great mix of global brands and British giants. We use data to shape media relations. We make great content to fuel conversations. And we use micro-targeting to ensure we connect with just the right audience.
Earn influence to make brands matter.
We want to deliver work that’s different, better, and more cutting-edge than anyone has seen before. We know that when it comes to marketing and communications, earned wins. Period. So we challenge ourselves to help our clients earn attention, space, scale, trust and influence by making the most of opportunities in media, social, search, and content. And we’re committed to constant innovation so we can seize the next opportunity too. Removal Date 05-Aug-2017
Back to top