Global Planning Partner, Ogilvy Healthworld
A day in the life of...
Ogilvy CommonHealth – the largest global network in healthcare communications – provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry. In the UK, we operate under the name of OHW UK and comprise of over 180 healthcare communication specialists across the disciplines of brand promotion & digital, medical communications, market access, clinical trial management, consulting, and public relations. We believe we are like no other; we blaze new trails, we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation; we challenge as well as generously reward our team.
A senior member of the Strategy & Planning Team in OHW London Global hub office providing strategic leadership for:
- London hub-based international business, plus select global business led from other hub offices (target billable at least 60%)
- New business pitches, particularly 360o/integrated discipline opportunities
- Senior strategic counsel and troubleshooting for existing client relationships
- Work closely with OpCo Heads and Client Leaders to ensure the right skills mix is provided to meet client and brand strategic needs on 360/multidiscipline communications programs
- Lead development plus application of communications and brand planning tools across the organisation (FUSIONHealth™, DAVE, workshop & research methodologies, etc.)
- Develop resources/research/skills to enrich OHW insighting and strategic capabilities
- Promote the interests and reputation of OHW, in particular delivering thought leadership initiatives
We rely on you to...
- Proven track record in brand and communications planning at a senior level
- At least 8 years' experience, preferably with time spent client and agency side
- Ideally with healthcare experience but not essential
- Senior experience in more than 1 service area of the business (i.e. PR, Med Ed, Branding, Digital, Advertising, Market Access) and/or working in more than 1 world region
- Experience in leading/directing multi-discipline/multi-geography programs & teams
You are great at...
- Excellent strategic thinking: critical reasoning, clarity and creativity
- Persuasive and articulate in presenting ideas/views – challenging the status quo
- Strong interpersonal skills and client relationship management expertise in 'troubleshooting'
- Effective Leadership: project teams (motivation and recognition), client personnel (setting direction, supporting optimal collaboration)
- A clear passion for healthcare and a desire to be at the forefront of healthcare communications
- Knowledgeable about the evolving communications landscape and how that could be applied within the healthcare environment
- Strong business/financial management competency/decision making
- Workshop/meeting creation and facilitation expertise
- Professionalism and gravitas
- Sound creative judgment
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top