Global Account Director
O&M is a world-class, multi-awarded creative agency, based in London, with two basic beliefs:
All roads lead to the work and we all work for the work.
“All roads lead to the work” because we are not a service industry, we are a manufacturing business; where our output is the very best creative product that we can make for our clients.
“We all work for the work” because creative is not a department, it is what we all do for a living.
At O&M we all work together to create the conditions within which great creative work can happen.
No excuses, no exceptions, no shirking, no blame. We’re in this together.
We strive to make socially relevant work for our clients.
This is creative work that generates or joins a conversation bigger than the advertising.
Ideas that live beyond paid media. Ideas with ambition.
We work for all kinds and all sizes of clients (with all kinds of needs and budgets).
We represent O&M in London for large global clients like BP, Philips, AMEX and Unilever
We are O&M London for local clients running domestic campaigns from Kronenbourg to Amnesty International.
If that sounds like somewhere for you then we’d love to see you.
We are hiring a Global Senior Account Director / Business Director for one of our largest brands. Working into the Managing Partner and managing a team of AE, 2 X AM’s & 1 x AD. This is an opportunity to mentor a large team whilst also helping to lead a dynamic and fast moving piece of business.
The account is fast paced with ever expanding creative and new channel opportunities. With this in mind we are looking for an individual with energy and gravitas who can build the right platform to get to great creative work, with robust strategic skills as well as a commercial mind and entrepreneurial spirit. These attributes should be actively demonstrated at both a macro and micro level everyday, we need someone who can demonstrate that they can find better and more innovative ways of solving problems. We are looking for high energy, good communicators and strong connectors of people.
- The day to day view – Lead the smooth day to day running on the account and the effective management of client projects. You should always know what is going on across the business – to have an overview of and maintain attention to detail on all projects. You should also focus on the short to medium term view of the account (from the now to 6 months time) in order to anticipate the issues, roadblocks and indeed opportunities that lie ahead in a timely fashion
- Team leadership – Inspire high standards throughout – both internally and in all aspects of client service. Nurture and develop junior talent including performance appraisals and the setting of and regular reviews of objectives. Take responsibility for and work to develop all inter-departmental relationships. Demonstrate the ability to manage individuals (both senior and junior) and their workloads to get the best from them
- Client partnership – We are looking for someone to develop Client relationships based on partnership. This means you need to have a robust understanding of the clients business, their issues and their motivations. You should understand their views and be able to offer a respected opinion.
- Strategic direction – we expect you to demonstrate a sound strategic understanding and insight into the clients business, its competitors, the broader category and its consumers. You will be able to interrogate opportunities and present solid strategic thinking with clarity. You will share responsibility with your planner to produce inspirational creative briefings. Along with the planner you are champion of our clients consumers.
- Creativity – Develop strong relationships with creative teams and become a trusted partner. Show strong creative judgement and give clear and honest feedback to teams to be able to helpfully influence their thinking. Be a champion for great creative work and actively seek opportunities to convert this and expand our output. Central to this is understanding and appreciating the wider creative; who are the hottest directors, designers, photographers, etc.
- Modern integrated approach to communications – Our client are embarking on a comms transformation beginning Q4 2016. This role will be crucial in leading the client through this process. Integrating closely with other agencies and Ogilvy partners to champion a new way of engaging the retail customer with personalisation at its heart. We want to produce sophisticated multi-channel communications campaigns that best deliver against the client’s business challenge.
- Production leadership across complex multichannel campaigns – overall responsibility to deliver campaigns on brief, on time and on budget. Use your account team to ensure you have an overview of production status at all times.
- Financial and commercial management – This person should show a clear understanding of the financial status on the account at all times. This should cover both fee (scope, margin and revenue) and production aspects. They should be clear on scope and identify incremental opportunities, however modest. They should also contribute to good financial management of the business, improving profitability and maximising revenue, wherever possible.
- Problem solving – Having the overview on all your projects and looking ahead should mean you are able to anticipate issues/roadblocks ahead (and opportunities!). The Account Director should be confident to develop and put in place contingency plans, escalating as appropriate, in a timely fashion
In conclusion this client are entering an exciting time for marketing and communication this role is crucial in partnering and guiding the Client and internal team to the future of Comms. Removal Date 24-Oct-2017
Back to top