Freelance Senior Software Engineer
& Mather is currently seeking a Freelance Senior Software Engineer
with a passion for object-oriented programming, craftsmanship,
and learning new skills and technologies. You will be joining a team of
talented engineers with deep experience in server-side development and
the ability to build and architect end-to-end solutions and features for
Ogilvy & Mather’s Fortune 500 clients using a wide variety of
technologies and modern programming techniques. While much of the work
will center around C# and the .Net stack of technologies, any enterprise
level experience with Node.js, as well as Drupal/Acquia would be a
significant plus. You should
possess solid knowledge of web services, modern front-end development,
databases, and system architecture. If you are a team-player, able to
communicate and work equally well with your peers as well as
non-technical personnel, this is an exciting opportunity to add work on
highly visible projects for some of the world’s most recognizable brands
to your portfolio.
closely with technical managers and clients to develop sophisticated,
resilient software applications by mapping customer business problems to
end-to-end technology solutions.
- Contribute to standards and practices, testing, and implementations for server-side development
system-wide technical problems with a demonstrated ability to impact
system architecture, troubleshoot runtime problems, and understand the
interactions between systems.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to have fun while working hard and displaying passion in the work you produce.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
years of software development experience with strong
object-oriented programming experience in C#/.Net. Enterprise level
experience with Node.js, PHP, Python, or other open-source languages is a
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and system architecture
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and building API’s
- Experience with Test Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Strong database skills – preferably SQL and MySQL
- Basic HTML & CSS experience. Familiarity with Bootstrap or Foundation a plus
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- A team-player, able to work well within a team as well as independently with little supervision.
- Additionally, candidates must have a desire and ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems such as Drupal/Acquia, Sitecore, Adobe AEM, etc. is a plus
Back to top