Freelance with the potential for a permanent role. Along with excellent NodeJS development skill, you should also have good knowledge of server-side development as a whole, modern front-end development, web services, databases, and system architecture. If you are a solid team-player, and able to communicate and work equally well with your peers as well as non-technical personnel, this is an exciting opportunity to add work on highly visible projects for some of the world’s most recognizable brands to your portfolio.
- A good sense of humor and the ability to have fun while working hard and displaying passion in the work you produce.
- Work closely with technical managers and clients to develop sophisticated, resilient software applications by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions.
- Contribute to standards and practices, testing, and implementations for Node.js/server-side development
- Investigate system-wide technical problems with a demonstrated ability to impact system architecture, troubleshoot runtime problems, and understand the interactions between systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of object-oriented, server-side programming experience
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and system architecture, and experience with service-oriented architecture
- 2 years of experience developing applications using NodeJS
- 2 years of experience with NoSQL Databases such as CouchDB/Couchbase or MongoDB
- Experience working with PaaS and DBaaS technologies
- Facebook API experience and Twilio Integrations, Facebook Messenger is a plus
- Solid understanding of MapReduce & natural language processing
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Test Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Strong database & SQL skills – preferably SQL and MySQL
- 3+ years of experience developing REST APIs, as well as social media API’s and integrations, (experience with Facebook Messenger is a plus, but not required.)
- Basic HTML & CSS experience. Familiarity with Bootstrap or Foundation a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- A team-player, able to work well within a team as well as independently with little supervision.
- You should have an innate desire and ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal/Acquia, Sitecore, Adobe AEM, etc. is a significant plus
Back to top