- A good sense of humor and the ability to have fun while working hard and displaying passion in the work you produce.
- Work closely with technical managers and clients to develop sophisticated, resilient software applications by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions.
- Contribute to standards and practices, testing, and implementations for Node.js and full-stack development
- Investigate system-wide technical problems with a demonstrated ability to impact system architecture, troubleshoot runtime problems, and understand the interactions between systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of object-oriented, server-side programming experience
- Excellent knowledge of software design patterns and system architecture, and experience with service-oriented architecture
- 2 years of experience developing applications using NodeJS
- 2 years of experience with NoSQL Databases such as CouchDB/Couchbase or MongoDB
- Experience working with PaaS and DBaaS technologies
- Facebook API experience and Twilio Integrations, Facebook Messenger is a plus
- Solid understanding of MapReduce & natural language processing
- Experience with Git, Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Test Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Strong database & SQL skills – preferably SQL and MySQL
- 3+ years of experience developing REST APIs, as well as social media API's and integrations, (experience with Facebook Messenger is a plus, but not required.)
- Basic HTML & CSS experience. Familiarity with Bootstrap or Foundation a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- A team-player, able to work well within a team as well as independently with little supervision.
- You should have an innate desire and ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal/Acquia, Sitecore, Adobe AEM, etc. is a significant plus
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top