Freelance Senior Back-End (.NET) Engineer
The Technology team at Ogilvy NY is behind a wide range of digital marketing work, from campaigns to long-term engagement platforms and everything in between. Projects that tap our back-end team include multiscreen experiences such as Coke Zero Drinkable Advertising, a major CPG .com, and experimental work such as TypeVoice.net which just garnered two silver Lions for Cannes 2016.
The team is looking to add a freelance senior back-end or full-stack engineer, primarily with solid skill and experience working with C# & .NET, as well as experience with open source languages and frameworks, such as PHP, Python, etc.
Freelance with the potential for a permanent role.
- A sense of humor and the ability to have fun while showing passion and dedication for creative technical work
- Work closely with technical managers and clients on sophisticated, resilient software applications
- Contribute to standards and practices, testing, and implementations for server-side development
- Investigate system-wide technical problems with a demonstrated ability to impact system architecture, troubleshoot runtime problems, and understand systems interactions
- Work closely and integrate with other tech teams such as DevOps, QA, and our front-end developers
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of software development experience
- Enterprise experience with Node.js, PHP, Python, or other open-source languages a big plus
- Software design patterns and system architecture
- Service-oriented architecture and building APIs
- Test Driven Development and testing frameworks
- Strong database skills – preferably SQL and MySQL
- Basic HTML & CSS experience. Familiarity with Bootstrap or Foundation a plus
- Git, Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems such as Drupal/Acquia, Sitecore, or Adobe AEM a plus
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top