The Ogilvy Finance team is looking for a qualified Financial Analyst that will become a key member of the Controller’s team. The Finance Analyst will assist with financial planning, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting of financial and operational information. Responsibilities include collaboration with the Client Finance teams to report and explain movements in Accrued & Deferred Revenue, WIP, and A/R. The Finance Analyst will be required to prepare detailed analytics, communicate actionable recommendations, and interact effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
· Assist in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing process.
· Assist & oversee in the preparation of monthly reporting of Actuals. Explain monthly variances between Actual vs. Forecast and Prior Year results.
· Assist in the annual budget preparation.
· Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
· Review monthly revenue accrued & deferred aging reports and work with Client Finance to ensure balances are billed or recognized on a timely basis.
· Perform general account analysis. Review Expense and Balance Sheet reconciliations and explain any monthly/quarterly fluctuations.
· Maintain the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules. Ensure proper recording of new assets and disposals.
· Assist with all Inter-company transactions.
· Assist with Internal and External Audit requirements.
· Assist with Adhoc projects as needed.
· Major in Accounting or Finance.
· Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Finance with P&L and FP&A focus.
· Strong financial modeling skills with the ability to utilize Excel formulas, pivot tables, VLookups, and Sumif.
· Knowledge of SAP and Cartesis/BFC a plus.
· Strong knowledge of IFRS and SOX controls.
· Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and maintain confidentiality.
· Demonstrated leadership and consistent ownership of assigned work.
· Proactive and driven team player
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top