Executive Group Director
The Executive Group Director is the senior-most day to day client leader on this financial services b2b account. This person will report into the MD, who oversees the US relationship across Ogilvy business units. This role is defined by strategic and creative leadership at the highest levels. The work includes conventional ATL (TV, Print, OOH, Radio), as well as social, digital, acquisition marketing, field sales and dialogue strategy, tradeshow, relationship care (call centers), and internal employee activation.
The ideal candidate is a high-touch, extroverted and brilliant creative account person who has grown up on strategic pieces of business, but prefers the speed and innovation of retail, fintec, financial services, etc. From a skillset perspective, this person needs to be an expert in conventional film/content production. This person also needs to be versed in content, digital and social – new ways of communicating – and have a curiosity to pursue new media, products and experiences – as well as to drive an idea through an organization from the inside out. Our mission is to grow and transform the business at Ogilvy, by developing award winning, effective creative work.
- Owns key senior client relationships
- Owns key creative relationships
- Owns accountability for client P&L and business growth; agency transformation
- Understands the business model and the key drivers of client and Agency success
- Maintains knowledge of all performance measures and financial figures
- Advises senior client management and works as an objective insider and advocate for the entire client organization
- Generates ideas and actions that produce tangible business results
- Advocates for and is able to sell through creative work
- Takes a leadership role in understanding and uncovering client motivations/needs
- Sets aggressive yet achievable performance goals for self and others
- Understands all key Agency resources and brings them together to produce exceptional results for the client Leads client thinking and thinking on strategy development, providing targeted, actionable insights Inspires and grows other agency staff; coaches and manages others to maximum potential
- Works closely with talent management team on performance reviews and goal setting for the team
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Inspires and motivates action across departments and disciplines; fosters teamwork
- Seeks opportunities to advance the client relationship and build Agency business
- Builds relationships of confidence and trust with all senior Agency personnel
- Typically ten to fifteen years agency experience including five to seven years supervisory experience Global Brand or International Market Experience – While this is predominantly a US role there is a future opportunity to integrate across geographic boundaries.
- Proven experience presenting information both orally and in writing
- Excellent client facing skills
- Proven leadership ability Financial services, fintec experience a definite plus
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide and the leading global network in one to one marketing. Today, Ogilvy employs over 15,000 people in 450 offices around the world. We are a member of the WPP family of companies. Our tradition of providing training and career development to our talent began with founder – David Ogilvy – and continues today over 60 years later. The strength of our reputation however, continues to lie in the collective skills and talents of the individuals we hire.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top