Executive Group Director
The Executive Group Director is the senior-most day to day client leader, reporting to the MD, who owns the US relationship across Ogilvy business units. This role is deeply embedded in the strategic and creative leadership process at the highest levels, and massively concerned with integrating with other primary client agencies.
The ideal candidate is a brilliant and creative account person who has grown up on highly strategic pieces of business, but prefers the speed and innovation of retail, fintec, financial services, etc. This person is a tactician and chess player – skilled at operating in Matrixed client and agency environments, and is responsible to set the daily, weekly and monthly plans forward — and to ensure their teams are following through, and adaptive to all the changes.
It’s important that this person carries the standard for the brand, understands the mission, and feels a deep and great sense of responsibility to protect and care for a client/agency relationship spanning 54 years, and a brand that needs a tremendous amount of stewardship and championing. They must feel a deep affinity for the brand.
From a skillset perspective they must be versed in content, digital and social – new ways of communicating – and have a curiosity to pursue new media, products and experiences. Our mission is to grow and transform the business at Ogilvy, and to develop award winning, effective and creative work.
- Owns key senior client relationships
- Owns key creative relationships
- Owns accountability for client P&L and business growth
- Understands the business model and the key drivers of client and Agency success
- Maintains knowledge of all performance measures and financial figures
- Advises senior client management and works as an objective insider and advocate for the entire client organization
- Generates ideas and actions that produce tangible business results
- Advocates for and is able to sell through creative work
- Takes a leadership role in understanding and uncovering client motivations/needs
- Sets aggressive yet achievable performance goals for self and others
- Understands all key Agency resources and brings them together to produce exceptional results for the client
- Leads client thinking and thinking on strategy development, providing targeted, actionable insights
- Inspires and grows other agency staff; coaches and manages others to maximum potential
- Able to attract and retain core talent
- Works closely with talent management team on performance reviews and goal setting for the team
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Inspires and motivates action across departments and disciplines; fosters teamwork
- Seeks opportunities to advance the client relationship and build Agency business
- Builds relationships of confidence and trust with all senior Agency personnel
- Typically ten to fifteen years agency experience including five to seven years supervisory experience
- Global Brand or International Market Experience – While this is currently a US role there is a future opportunity to integrate/transcreate across geographic boundaries.
- Proven experience presenting information both orally and in writing
- Excellent client facing skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Financial services, fintec experience a definite plus
Back to top