Executive Director, PMO
Our Executive Directors of Program Management are true craft experts who partner with account leaders to deliver operational discipline & delivery excellence, speed to market, bottom line growth, resource optimization, and profitability management for their client.
The Executive Director analyzes, solves and presents viable new processes/solutions that lead to client growth by collaborating with and drawing on the expertise of Ogilvy’s vast resources and capabilities. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining processes, tools, resources, training, and governance practices to ensure effective execution of all projects. They advise and partner with senior clients and Agency leaders. They champion and deliver flawless creative execution, and are agile, results-oriented leaders who inspire others to act courageously.
The Executive Director is a core member of the EightBar Corporate Advertising management team helping to drive operational efficiencies, program management, optimize work quality, and to be strategic in providing solutions to better enable this multifaceted team.
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Agency and Client growth
- Managing a large, integrated client portfolio/group of portfolios and teams generating $5-10MM in revenue in partnership with the account-side Managing Director and Executive Director (s) to deliver revenue and client’s contribution margin targets
- Motivating and driving the integrated team towards forward progress, action and results; developing and maintaining high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement)
- Leading and driving the PMO team to flawlessly deliver work that meets client’s business, operations, and strategic goals, with the ability to shift and balance priorities based on overall volume of work
- Overseeing all incoming projects, including scheduling, staff allocations, risks, utilization optimization, reporting and resource forecasting
- Ensuring effective management of teams by working with Program Managers and Account to prioritize assignments against clear objectives, and assign clear responsibility for tasks
- Identifying, structuring and standardizing efficient processes and systems to better manage workflow and communications, leveraging best practices and tools to help enable how great work is produced
- Managing integrated teams of 10+ overseeing, training, coaching, and inspiring the growth and development of the program management team via consistent feedback, training and growth opportunities
- Demonstrating strong cross-capability and cross-functional collaborations skills with internal agency team and key external partners, including your account’s commercial partner, JV’s, key 3rd parties and all internal studios
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with creative partners and ensuring creative excellence, quality and adherence to client guidelines for key deliverables
- Effectively and impartially navigating teams with conflicting priorities through creative problem solving and decision making that keeps project teams motivated to overcome high pressure situations and ensure the best results
- Partnering with team leads on building scopes and project plans
- Leading weekly project and resource meetings
- Overseeing and helping to manage agency partner relationships
- Overseeing global asset distribution to EightBar offices around the world, and the team that manages all trafficking within the US
- Ensuring best practices are set up for these functions in NY and communicated globally
- Partnering with Group PMO and all department leads, including HR, Finance, Strategy, Production, Recruiting and other departments, as needed
- Understanding Ogilvy’s portfolio of offerings and tools and activating them on complex client business challenges as needed
- Maintaining a strong professional network and using that network to scout for new talent
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table
- 10+ years of experience with managing integrated accounts or multiple client portfolios, across geographies and/or a network
- Industry experience working in a fast-paced agency with a focus on creative excellence
- Track record of consistently delivering multi-channel, multi-experience, dynamic campaigns as well as streamlined, fast-track and project-based work.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Inspiring leadership that connects the team to the overall Ogilvy and EightBar mission; can balance and prioritize business objectives, as well as has an ability to rally internal and external constituencies as needed.
- Skilled in fostering positive and constructive interaction with clients and employees at all levels of the organization
- Masterful cross-capability and -function collaboration skills.
- An appreciation for how great work gets done and a commitment to ensuring flawless creative execution
- Innovative mindset and change agent who is never satisfied with the status quo
- Experience in workflow technology and using technology to optimize efficiencies in the workflow
- A deep understanding of client business needs.
Back to top