Executive Assistant, Worldwide Creative
The Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide Creative team is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Worldwide Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer in the New York office. Our EA will be responsible for performing general administrative duties along with many personal tasks. This position requires that the Executive Assistant be highly professional and detail-oriented. This person will also have superior verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills. This role will require constant monitoring of communications and proactively addressing the needs of the executive at all times of the day.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years administrative experience or experience in a related capacity. Previous experience working in a support role at an advertising agency or large corporation is a plus. The ability to multi-task between responsibilities, such as scheduling meetings, preparing travel arrangements and liaising with senior leadership, is essential.
- Provide administrative support to the Worldwide Co-Chairman and Chief Creative Officer
- Handle demanding and ever changing calendar, coordinating with other senior or client executives. Anticipate conflicts and resolve with tact and diplomacy. Confirm/re-confirm all meetings on the schedule. Reserve meeting facilities, provide for audio/visual needs, refreshments, and transportation as required. Re-confirm all arrangements and ensure they meet the highest standard. Meet and greet visitors, representing the best presence on behalf of the executive.
- Handle arrangements for all global and domestic travel, often on short notice. This may include handling paperwork for travel visa, confirming/re-confirming travel arrangements with airlines, hotels, car services and restaurants.
- Monitor travel conductions, anticipate travel issues and provide for alternative arrangements when necessary.
- Organize and process all administrative paperwork including expense reports, timesheets, copy, fax, messenger, mail, shipping and email correspondence.
- Provide professional and efficient coverage of phone calls and take detailed messages. Relay messages to appropriate staff in a timely manner. Monitor email correspondences to anticipate upcoming travel needs, appointment conflicts.
- Update and confirm reliability of Contacts databases and proactively make additions and changes as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate high-level executive meetings, including off-sites. Work with Travel department to select hotels/facilities, coordinating travel. Ensure events run clearly and meet the highest standards.
- Handle a variety of personal errands for the executive and assist with arrangements and tasks related to their family as needed.
- Arrange all in-town transportation and ensure that all runs smoothly. Work with his driver to ensure efficient transport.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supporting senior executives in an administrative capacity
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills. Must be able to handle several tasks at once.
- Demonstrated energetic, outgoing, organized and detail oriented actions with excellent follow through skills. Must be a ‘can do’ type of person.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, knowledge of Keynote is a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility, proactively prepare the executive for the day and week ahead. Prepare the executive with meeting times and confirmations prior to each meeting.
- Demonstrated strong trusted relationship builder with a proven ability to build and manage relationships at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and precede all deadlines with little supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong personal presence.
- Experience working in the Advertising, Marketing Services, PR preferred.
- Team player with a great deal of personal flexibility.
Back to top