Director of Learning and Development, Ogilvy USA
The L&D department at Ogilvy & Mather exists to improve organizational and leadership effectiveness and to build workforce capabilities to improve business performance. We are looking for a talented professional to join our team. As part of the L&D team, the Director of Learning & Development for Ogilvy USA will help drive our success by overseeing the development of content for our new and existing offerings and facilitating key courses and programs. Our Director of L&D will also build relationships across Ogilvy USA and contribute to the development and rollout of new training opportunities.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record as a senior level L&D professional with proven accomplishments in design, development, facilitation, and program management. Given the diversity of our client group, this position requires an enthusiastic professional who has the experience, energy, and discipline to manage multiple responsibilities in a highly complex and demanding environment.
To partner with senior leaders across Ogilvy USA and be responsible for the design and delivery of development interventions for all employees. Involves creating pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement in individual, team, cluster unit and organizational performance.
- Partner closely with Ogilvy USA Chief Talent Officer and the Chief Learning Officer, Worldwide to lead the strategic development of current Ogilvy USA programs and elevate its success across our footprint.
- Using strong consulting skills and relationship building to uncover client challenges. Synthesize them into meaningful strategies and plans and integrate L&D programs with talent programs.
- Be an active member of the Global L&D team where together we will develop centralized programs that will be executed locally within Ogilvy USA.
- As part of the Global L&D team - design and deliver a variety of learning and development programs in potential areas such as: Ogilvy's Operating System, Modern Marketing, Growth, Delivery, high potential programs, leading/managing, consultative selling, soft skills/team building.
- Exhibit strong relationship qualities to build senior level partnerships within the organization.
- Be a champion for innovation in the learning and development space. Know what best in class companies are doing and look to integrate those best practices at Ogilvy.
- Enable learning through e-learning, blended learning and facilitating training programs and courses (heavy facilitation responsibilities anticipated at various times throughout the year)
- Consults with HR business partners and key business stakeholders.
- Ensures integration of core programs, curriculum and concepts.
- Lead multiple large projects and programs within Ogilvy USA.
- Supervisory responsibility for a staff of Ogilvy USA Learning & Development professionals. Coach, mentor, and delegate assignments to provide leadership and development opportunities.
- Minimum of 12+ years of (ideally) L&D experience. HR, Marketing/Advertising experience also acceptable.
- Bachelors Degree required; preferably in Human Resources, Learning & Development or Marketing/Advertising.
- Agency/Marketing experience a strong plus.
- Digital experience and eLearning experience a strong plus.
- Consulting skills a strong must.
- Proven track record in content design.
- Excellence and experience in facilitation skills.
- Solid understanding of adult learning, instructional design and curriculum development
- Desire to work in a fast-paces, creative environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and MS Project
- Must have working knowledge of PowerPoint and Keynote
- Some Travel required in Ogilvy USA footprint.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top