Director of Communications, Ogilvy USA
Ogilvy is currently seeking a Director of Communications; a key member of the team responsible for internal and external communications on behalf of Ogilvy USA (with expansion to support on the Worldwide level as needed.) Our ideal candidate will possess strong writing skills, have the ability to "think outside the box" as well as possess the ability to work with senior Ogilvy USA leadership and partner with WW Chief Communications Officer on a daily basis. Our Communications Director will consistently propose new ideas, ways of working, help drive the overall communications strategy in partnership with the Chief Communications Officer, and help execute the WW Chief Communications Officer's communications plan internally. Our Director of Communications will be working with Ogilvy USA leaders to help them serve as brand ambassadors and support the company's key messages, business priorities and growth initiatives, as well as influence a positive culture and engaged workforce.
- In partnership with the Chief Communications Officer, handles the internal communication response to crisis situations, which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Monitors risks and opportunities; seizes real-time media opportunities to advance our values, position, and brand.
- Ensures that the internal communications strategy is aligned with the values and overarching brand strategy to help advance the leadership agenda.
- Helps create a transparent corporate culture and drives stakeholder awareness of key organizational initiatives.
- Works in partnership with Human Resources to communicate and support talent and culture initiatives to enhance staff education, engagement and alignment on organizational priorities including brand and culture, diversity and inclusion, and other areas of strategic corporate significance as directed by executive leaders.
- Assesses effectiveness of existing internal communications platforms (intranet, internal social network, events, newsletters, etc.) and drives new approaches to deliver communications in more efficient and effective ways by challenging processes and recommending new approaches.
- Develops organization-wide protocols for internal communications (e.g. who delivers what communication internally).
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization with external communication messages.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Create an open forum for employees to ask questions and share content or thoughts.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in communications, journalism, public relations or marketing. Master's degree a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in a communications team, especially internal communications, for a large organization (agency experience highly preferred.)
- Team player who collaborates well with others across a highly matrixed organization, and demonstrates a commitment to Ogilvy's leadership culture.
- Exceptional communication, interviewing, copy-writing and editing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills – personal delivery and ability to lead and coach people and teams.
- Ability to lead across departments and disciplines.
- Ability to lead internal communications strategy while assisting with external communication strategy as well.
- Great relationship-building skills.
- Effective listening, problem-solving and counseling skills; ability to build alignment to shared vision.
- Proven change management communication skills.
- Solid project, time and budget management skills essential.
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work autonomously and act independently.
- Digital expert familiar with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top