Director, Marketing Analytics
The Director of Marketing Analytics will be highly experienced in the development of analytical solutions to support OgilvyOne's Customer Engagement and CRM clients. As a senior member of the analytics team they will be responsible for all phases of a marketing analytics engagement including scoping of projects, execution of analysis, management of projects and presentation of results.
The Director will be the go-to analytics lead for several specific clients, and reporting to the Head of Analytics, will also be part of OgilvyOne's analytics leadership team.
Main duties will include:
- Being the analytical and strategic partner of our clients
- Scoping and executing analytical solutions (incl. modeling and segmentation)
- Generating targeting recommendations based on solutions
- Developing measurement plans, campaign reporting systems and test plans
- Making strategic recommendations for optimization/ improvement
- Presenting to and collaborating with clients
The Director of Analytics is a critical role within OgilvyOne and the candidate will need to be experience in both online and offline data analysis, and must be able to think "beyond the numbers" to deliver business relevant recommendations based on their analysis outcomes.
The Director must be a true advocate of data and data driven marketing and be able to demonstrate significant experience of turning numbers into highly successful customer engagement campaigns.
In addition, this role is a hands on role and requires a Director willing to pull up their sleeves and undertake and deliver their own analysis, as well as project manage junior members of the team.
The Director of Marketing Analytics will assume the following responsibilities:
- Acts as trusted advisor to clients – delivering candid view of approaches and benefits
- Manages Analysts and Consultants
- Collaborates with all internal agency staff, specifically strategy, account and creative
- Collaborates with external agency partners such as media vendors, tech suppliers, and other CRM vendors
- Client needs assessment and scoping, planning of projects and management of outputs
- Directly responsible for all outputs (reporting, analyses, dashboards, models, etc)
- Designs and interprets A/B and multivariate optimization tests
Main responsibilities are to deliver relevant analytical solutions to clients on time and within budget, and to demonstrate that the solutions deliver incremental business benefit to the client.
Other specifics include:
- Develops partnerships with clients, creating meaningful relationships
- Manages client's expectations
- Skilled in "demystifying" analytics and communicating benefits as opposed to technicalities
- Leads development of presentation logic and flow for entire document
- Independently writes well structured and persuasive end products
- Highly developed presentation skills and ability to tell "data stories"
- Management of three or more junior team members
- Active participant in the development and training of junior team members in analytics best practice
- Proactively identify and lead incremental engagement with existing clients
- Strives to evolve specialty expertise by recommending ideas to improve the overall growth of the group
- Active participation in new business pitches
- 10+ years experience in data driven marketing
- 4 years of team management
- Marketing analytics, segmentation, quantitative methods, database and digital data
- Experience with the analytics that supports a CRM strategy and loyalty programs
- Agency experience/ client service business required
- Experience presenting to clients of differing levels of seniority and job functions
- Experience of working with FMCG's, or broadcaster clients preferred
- Educational background in quantitative field e.g. statistics, mathematics, economics
- Masters degree preferred
- Experience with regression and multivariate techniques
- Segmentation and predictive modeling
- Statistics, A/B testing, multivariate testing
- SAS or R
- Web Analytics Tools (Google analytics, Omniture etc)
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top