Director, Human Resources
- Recruiting and strategic staffing: interview candidates, make hiring recommendations, extend/negotiate offers, re-recruit; network talent share, coordinate and strategize about any staffing needs and/or reductions
- Resume review: keep the pipeline filled; stay on top of local competitive info (salaries, who's hiring/who's not; salary freezes, etc.)
- Continue to build relationships with hiring managers and department heads (regular check-ins, walk the halls, employee issues, staffing needs, etc.)
- Work with North American HR Team to standardize forms, policies, benefits, etc.
- Retention initiatives: work with Culture Coordinator to establish reward programs; recommend alternative reward programs to incent key talent and retain high-performers
- Facilitate new hire lunches/60-day check in to build/maintain relationships with new hires.
- Stay current on HR legal issues and precedent setting litigation: FMLA documentation, worker's comp, short-term disability claims, etc. Attend local conferences. Member of SHRM.
- Handle involuntary and voluntary terminations. The actual meeting, discussion and what does it all mean in terms of separation pay. Negotiate terms of separation packets between employee and legal counsel. Reach consensus. Conduct exit interviews. Review of benefits terminations.
- Management and oversight of Staff Welfare budget (social outings, hallway bonuses, employee gifts (weddings, babies.)
- Management and oversight of Training & Development budget: recommend training/development opportunities to managers and employees, paying particular attention to coordination with PPR development plan. Schedule as needed.
- Meet regularly with CFO/finance team on budget management and staffing costs
- Manage and/or develop Employee Wellness program(s) (Crunch Fitness, T&E reimbursement for other health clubs, massage therapists.)
- Primary contact for managers in regards to freelancers. Negotiate rates, initiate PO, manage forms.
- Member of the Operations Committee (Chicago) and/or Leadership Team (NY)
- Chicago specific: liason with Toronto and Boomerang offices (employee issues, benefits, new hires, terms, etc)
- Chicago specific: work with HR Coordinator to manage SAP payroll system
- At least 6-8 years of HR Generalist experience
- Industry experience and successful recruiting record a plus
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and partnerships with department heads, vendors, etc.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top