Director, Engagement Planning
Customer Engagement is key. We believe that marketing engagement is driven by content relevancy and creating relevant content requires a detailed understanding of the customer. We rely on customer data and data driven insights to inform our targeting, planning and creative content. This data focused approach is vital in order to create true marketing relevance for individual customers and superior customer engagement experiences.
Specific tasks will include:
- Develop engagement strategies and plans, collaborate with creative teams and co-create engagement ideas from conceptualization to execution.
- Design and implementation of research projects to address client business issues, and gain insight into target audiences.
- Develop personas and customer journeys to guide strategic and ideation sessions with clients and with different agency departments.
- Write creative brief and lead brainstorms sessions.
- Manage Planners, Associate Planners, Ogilvy Associates and interns who are assigned to the Planning Director's accounts. Provide professional development opportunities and on the job training as needed.
- 8-10 years of experience in strategic planning at an advertising or integrated communications agency (digital and CRM experience a plus)
- Bachelors degree
- Previous experience at integrated agencies working with integrated accounts preferred
- Ability to work directly with clients and build relationships that provide a deep understanding of their business.
- Strong command of most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge.
- Creative mind and ability to inspire and instigate ideation across disciplines and departments.
- Great presentation skills and ability to lead large teams in brainstorming sessions.
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships accordingly on behalf of the agency.
- Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical.
- The ability to work across different engagement groups and disciplines is key to their success: Digital, Social, CRM, Media, Content and Analytics, to drive integrated engagement platforms.
- Understand creativity and its role to customer engagement – strategically and tactically
- Experience developing building acquisition, cross sell, retention, and loyalty programs across a variety of engagements and industries
- Experience working with Fortune 500 Clients in both B2B and B2C environments
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top