Director, Data Intelligence
Who we are:
The Lacek Group is an enthusiastic and supportive collection of brilliant, passionate, intellectually curious and surprisingly nice people who work on the leading edge of customer engagement, building longer-lasting, more profitable customer relationships. We’re a collection of client-focused teams who listen, collaborate and celebrate together.We’re a specialist brand company of Ogilvy, one of the most creative and effective agencies in the world.
What we need:
We currently have a great opportunity for a Director, Data Intelligence to join our team. As a Data Intelligence Director, you will lead a client-dedicated data team focused on the strategy, design, execution, and analysis of short and longer-term loyalty and CRM digital promotions. To be successful, you will have the technical and data needed to decipher and comprehend data, and the communication and analytical skills to be able to provide meaningful insights and story-telling for clients ranging over a variety of levels. Your key responsibilities will include: team leadership; project prioritization and expectation management; client engagement, presentation, and communications; measurement, reporting, insights generation and storytelling; and strategy development.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team focused on digital marketing analytics strategy, analysis, reporting, testing and optimization, monetization, data modeling, and implementation for one or more client teams
- Define key performance indicators and measurement and reporting strategy
- Provide insight into historical and current performance of omnichannel marketing
- Integrate disparate and often conflicting marketing data, results, analytics, and insights into presentations providing an overall story, including actionable recommendations, financial impact, and optimization.
- Drive the utilization of data and testing to deliver both short and long term growth, primarily through behaviorally triggered campaigns. Build data-driven campaigns focused on behavioral targeting, customer journey, retargeting, and interactions flows using digital, off-line, and predictive models with specific KPI measurement strategies and implementations
- Develop marketing message plans using data inputs from CRM data, web analytics, guest insights, promotions, and purchase trends
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or other relevant field of study required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 8+ years’ digital behavioral marketing or related experience or a master’s degree and 6+ years’ experience
- Strong communication and storytelling skills—demonstrated ability to make connections and drive insights and recommendations from data.
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust of other team members across internal and/or client boundaries and to coordinate a data team’s work and processes with other functional areas
- A good eye for detail—ensuring the quality and accuracy of all materials that leave the agency is essential
- Demonstrated ability to lead data leaders, manage a team, and coach and mentor team members
- Hands-on practical experience on digital campaign set-up, in-marketing tests, performance tracking, measurement and insights extraction
- True team player: cooperative, flexible, conscientious, dependable, resourceful, self-motivated and the soft skills necessary to succeed: open to feedback, open to change, self-improvement
- Deep hands-on experience coding and analyzing data using SQL and other analytics programming languages like SAS, Python, and R are required.
Competencies you’ll demonstrate:
- Agency Citizenship
- Building a Successful Team
- Building Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Delegating Responsibility
- Developing Others
- Leadership Disposition
- Strategic Decision Making
- Technical / Professional Skills
You’ll love working at The Lacek Group – smart people, great environment, engaging culture, comprehensive benefits and fantastic growth opportunities. Your confidential inquiry is encouraged.
The Lacek Group
900 2nd Avenue South, Suite 1800
Minneapolis, MN 55402
The Lacek Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top