Digital Strategist, Senior Account Executive
Digital Strategist, Senior Account Executive
Social Change Practice
Ogilvy Washington is seeking a digital communications strategist to work within our Social Change practice. We harness digital platforms and technologies, the power of word of mouth and principles of behavior change theory to drive results for our clients. This is a unique opportunity to bring your experience designing and executing digital for social issues to an exciting, passionate, award-winning team.
For nearly two decades, Ogilvy Washington has been at the forefront of social change, advancing personal and public health and safety via communications initiatives. We have developed numerous social change campaigns to successfully raise awareness, educate, and prompt action regarding some of today's largest and most complex issues, ranging from brain health to heart disease, substance abuse to resilient communities, extreme poverty to women's health issues—the list is extensive.
This position will work on several different accounts and is a great opportunity to showcase your creative, research, and analytical capabilities by providing insights in the digital space, and extending those insights into powerful engagement strategies. The ideal candidate is passionate about digital, social media and word of mouth marketing, and thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Execute digital and social media campaigns to help achieve clients' marketing and communications objectives.
- Act as a liaison between the client and our in-house creative and development teams, subcontractors, outside suppliers, and, other internal and external audiences.
- Independently handle several small or major projects, performing much of the day-to-day work with support of both junior and senior staff as appropriate;
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze online data and provide insight about relevant online conversations and voices in those conversations.
- Play a key role with clients and account teams to apply insights from research to digital and social media strategies.
- Identify opportunities to help clients achieve their objectives in general business strategy, industry issues, products and services offered, customers and competitors in the marketplace.
- Participate in the firm's new business and proposal efforts, as needed.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the digital communications space; agency experience is preferred.
- Experience working on social change issues, especially for the federal government.
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing digital strategies for brands, including working on research, planning, strategy and execution.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify, summarize and synthesize emerging consumer or B2B technology trends.
- Experience with and understanding of paid digital media, including social media, and SEO/SEM.
- Strong experience using and leading others to use digital measurement and monitoring tools, such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Sysomos, Netbase, Crimson Hexagon, or Radian6.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail. Exceptional writing and visual presentation skills. Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Passionate about the quickly evolving digital and social media environment.
- Sincere curiosity about how people interact and are influenced online.
- Strong ability to problem solve independently.
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team setting.
- BA/BS required.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter and resume. While we welcome applications from out-of-state candidates, we are unable to provide reimbursement for relocation or travel expenses for this position. Out-of-state applicants who wish to be considered for this position should indicate relocation plans, including timing. No phone calls or emails please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ogilvy Public Relations is a global, multi-disciplinary communications agency and is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide. We employ over 2,200 people in 85 offices around the world. The strength of our reputation lies in the collective skills and talents of these individuals. Our tradition of providing training and career development for our talent began with our founder and continues today over 60 years later.
Ogilvy Washington is the largest WPP office in the DC area, and has been a market leader here for over 35 years. Our communications professionals specialize in advocacy, association communications, behavior change, branding, content, corporate communications, energy, food, healthcare, international relations, issues and crisis management, public policy, reputation management, social/digital, trade, technology and telecommunications.
Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter @ogilvypr.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Ogilvy does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top